"Finally, there is an iPhone application that might end up SAVING money for people."
Njection Mobile (NMobile) is the most advanced SpeedTrap notification system developed for the iPhone. This application was built from the ground up for drivers so they can be notified to the location of speed traps, red light cameras, and speed detection devices. Drivers will be alerted audibly to approaching speed traps based on several different criteria. Some of the features include:
• User submitted speed trap help notify others of locations monitored. (http://njection.com/speedtrap)
• Speech notification of Speed Traps giving the type of trap and distance
• Search for speed traps local to you or around the world
• The only speed trap program that displays maps with full gesture support, just like the iPhone's built in maps program.
• Map is viewable in Landscape or Portrait
• No screen lock so you can use it along as you want
• Data can be added on each trap about when the area is monitored
• Use of a native Microsoft Virtual Earth implementation to provide one of the best mapping experiences on the iPhone
• The Active Intelligence Selection System (AISS) that alerts you to the most relevant speed trap based on your speed, direction of travel, and current time
• Submit and verify speed traps directly from the iPhone
• iPhone 3G strongly suggested for alert mode
Minor Bug Fix
Ratings and Reviews
good, not great
I just finished a 250 mile trip from Philadelphia to Western, Massachusetts using this app almost the entire trip. My impressions:
1. First of all, a great idea for an app. Was just thinking that I needed something like this when I discovered it, and it was free.
2. Map rendering is far slower than the iPhone's Maps app. Generally, I prefer to stay as far away from anything Microsoft as possible, but a map's a map, right? Well, almost. Just a personal preference, but I noticed that maps for this app do not include all rail lines. Just like to know where they are. Also, too many times, the map rendering would just freeze. On a 5 hour trip, I restarted the application no fewer than 4 times just to update my location. I had no problem with location accuracy, however.
3. I would really like to see traffic conditions added to this app. I had to switch from one app to another just to check on traffic.
4. The sleep lock sometimes worked. Sometimes didn't.
5. The app did not save me once on the trip. I did pass three active traps that were not located by the app. I had some trouble entering them in the app each time. First time, it just wouldn't work. Second time, it froze the app. Third time, it seemed to work okay. Program was very jerky and often unresponsive to gestures.
6. Love the alerts. Nicely done, but do I really need to hear about a speed trap on a secondary road when I'm on the interstate?
So I downloaded this app and it's not working for me, when I open it all I see is symbol and no map ! What could I do to see the map?
It's a workless app, nothing but waste of time downloading this app!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.