Keep mosquitoes away! This app plays an ultrasound (that can't be heard by the human ear) that simulates the sexual recall of the male mosquito, causing repulsion to the already fertilized female mosquitoes, the only which are able to bite.
▪ Audio Background: the ultrasound keeps playing even when you close the application. You can keep using your iPhone without losing mosquitoes repellent effectiveness.
▪ Widget: to know at a glance if you are in safe area.
▪ Social Reports: the power of the community allied against mosquitoes! You can report the presence of mosquitoes in your location and view on a map the users feedbacks. A special red light lights up when mosquitoes have been reported in your area. Because sometimes the best defense is avoiding the attack!
▪ Amazing animations and Flat Design graphic!
▪ Green and Non-toxic! Keep mosquitoes away naturally, without breathing toxic gas and without environment pollution.
▪ Free! Thanks to the ads support!
Turn up the volume to the highest level for a more effective sound. It can be done even inside the application itself!
For issues, questions or requests, please write to our team at email@example.com or by the support page http://www.nettn.com/english/support.php
Q.: Why i'm hearing an hiss? / Why I don't hear nothing?
A.: The app plays an high frequency sound. Some people under 30 years old can hear the sound, while over a certain age (variable from person to person) the ear lose the ability to hear high frequency sounds.
Q.: Mosquitoes don't have ears, how do they hear sounds??
A.: Insects don't have ears, but on feelers, the mosquitoes aural organs, there are about 15.000 sensorial receptors, structured so to create an "active ear" in which natural vibrations are generated so to amplify the incoming sounds. [Source: Le Scienze on-line]
Q.: Are you telling me that the iPhone loudspeaker can play ultrasounds?
A.: Actually the frequency used in NoMoreMosquitoes is slightly under the ultrasounds threshold frequency. But it's very close to the limit that can be heard by the human ear (20 kHz), so for the sake of simplicity we called it "ultrasound", because a lot of people can't hear it.
Q.: Does this app really works as mosquitoes repellent?
A.: Our application is based on the same principle used by several electronic devices sold throughout the world.
As above indicated the assumption on which the app is based is scientific even if there are conflicting opinions on the effectiveness, something that can be easily demonstrated by published articles about it and by the many various users comments.
We do not want to argue that the ultrasounds certainly work as a repellent, just there is not even certain proof of the opposite.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- iOS 11
- iPhone X
- bug Fix
Ratings and Reviews
Don’t get it
I hate how this app works and it makes me have a headache 🤕 and it barely works it seems like it attracts the mosquitoes!!
IF YOU RESPECT KIDS, DO NOT GET THIS APP!!!!
I can hear this noise and it made my ears ring for a long time afterwards. That may be because I am young an I can hear higher frequencies, but I’m a little worried they won’t stop ringing because it’s been thirty minutes and my head is still hurting.
Works pretty good!
I'm vacationing in Florida and the mosquitos are relentless. I tried a few other repellant apps with no luck, but this one does work. It doesn't get rid of all of them, but cuts them down dramatically. I've found that shooing them away first is necessary and it takes about 5 minutes of running the app for them to back off. I've gone from having 20 swarming around me to about 2 in the ten or so times I've used it.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- NETTuno s.r.l.
- 7.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2010 NETTuno S.r.l.
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Advertise $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.