Fast. Simple. Reliable. Hi-resolution. Predictive radar. Severe weather warnings. Snow/mixed precipitation display. Forecasts. As millions of our customers have discovered, NOAA RadarUS delivers everything you need in a app for viewing animated weather radar images.
Want more? Check out these unique features in our app:
• Choice of radar images with or without snow/freezing rain display
• Hourly predicted radar from NOAA weather models
• Choice of radar color schemes.
• Clutter control to suppress false radar echoes.
• Optional image smoothing that lets you either remove image pixellation or display the radar image as accurately as possible.
• Composite images of echo tops, composite reflectivity, and storm total precipitation.
Want the whole story? Here are all of the features:
• 7 day forecasts and current conditions -- just press and hold for a second on the radar map.
• Severe weather (flash flood, tornado, and severe thunderstorm) warnings. Tap on a warning box to display the full warning message from the National Weather Service. Note: these are *not* push alerts. The app must be open to view the warnings.
• Cloud cover and satellite imagery for the continental United States.
• Advanced radar layers (echo tops, composite reflectivity, and storm total precipitation).
• Play, pause, and step animations.
• Fast zoom in and zoom out.
• Choice of radar palettes.
• Multiple map styles (terrain, map, satellite, and hybrid).
• Displays time of radar image either as absolute time or relative to the current time.
• GPS locator that finds and displays your current location.
• Adjust the transparency (opacity) of the radar or cloud cover overlays.
• Automatic refresh when new radar or cloud cover data is available.
• Set your location by zip code, city name, or address.
• Legend for radar and cloud cover overlays.
• Saves and restores your last location and zoom level.
Note: Radar coverage only includes the continental United States. Alaska, Hawaii, and other US controlled territories are not included.
Please follow our Twitter stream at twitter.com/shuksansoft for breaking news and status updates.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Nice and Simple
It does what it says. Nice app. I like being able to check on storm systems occurring at my location, or other locations where friends or family live. The current location function is nice because it pinpoints you through the cover of the rain or clouds. I especially like the hybrid map view. I can actually zoom in to see my place like on google maps. It hasn't frozen on me and I have used it repeatedly all day long during various storm situations. Thumbs up.
Go to radar app
I have many various weather apps as I spend a considerable amount of time out on the big waters of Lake Superior. This is my "go to" radar app when I need to know what's going on with approaching weather. Also, I'm a real estate broker and spend considerable time way back in the woods of the upper peninsula. Whenever I'm heading into the backwoods, I set this app to the satellite image mode for pinpoint accuracy of my location. This is one of my top 5 apps out of more than 100 on my device to choose from!
Love this app!
This app does exactly what it says it will do, and does it better than any other app I've seen. It is easy to use, it provides more types of weather information than most and clearly explains what they are, and the information is always current. My family participates in lots of outdoor activities (horses, hiking, golf, fishing). We are very interested in the weather, and truly appreciate the consistent, clear information presented by this app!!!
Very nicely done! Thank you!!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.