Accurate local weather sourced from NOAA
Get accurate and detailed weather directly from NOAA.
Designed for the iPhone with a user friendly interface and the ability to get the weather information you need.
What features are exclusive to NOAA Weather App?
- Radar maps sourced from NOAA.
- Location finder which uses your current GPS location to get nearest weather information automatically.
- Exclusive 1 hourly weather forecast for next 7 days.
- Exclusive 24 hour forecast graph to show visually the forecast temperature, maximum, minimum, humidity and rainfall.
- Exclusive 7 day forecast graph shows visually the forecast for the week ahead. Get forecast temperature, mean monthly maximum, mean monthly minimum, humidity and rainfall.
- Exclusive sun and moon information from sunrise, sunset, moonrise, moonset to major and minor periods information used by fishermen and hunters.
- Statistical climate weather information. View the seasonal changes for all locations.
- Rain radar to predict when rainfall will reach you.
NOAA Weather App is designed with an intuitive interface and fully equipped with all the weather information you need in your pocket.
- This App contains weather information only about United States of America and its territories.
- Use this app information as advisory only and not critical decision making.
- The data is sourced from The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and was not developed or published by NOAA. Any questions, bugs or recommendations should be sent to us firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at www.weatherinfoapp.com.
Version 4.17 is our best version of the app yet.
- New dynamic charts for all previous maps.
- Statistical weather information. View the coldest, warmest, rainiest, most sun, etc. months.
- New auto location label.
- Updated the add location procedure.
Other speed improvements, bug fixes and tweaks for a high standard app.
Ratings and Reviews
Great and not great
Been using this app for several years-I love how much info they offer, and how quickly the ‘today’ and the forecast load up. BUT : on my previous phone, I sent payment to eliminate the ads (very reasonable price, to be sure) and still the ads came, really obnoxious gun-rights & political crud. Contacted the developer and all they could suggest was to delete and reinstall the app, which didn’t work. So now: new phone, new download, ignore the ads—-and the radar will not load, just spins. Frustrating to lose that cuz it seemed really accurate. Wish they could go that last mile and make it work 100% .
Is this a BETA version?
I want to like this app enough to use it all the time because the forecast is more accurate than the others I have and it also can zoom in to my actual neighborhood- which is helpful with all the microclimates in my area, HOWEVER, it seems buggy and so,e things are overly complicated, not intuitive- like it took me about 15 mins to add a new location the other day.
The other issue is the ads. It’s not that there are ads that occasionally pop up , it’s that they are often the worse kind- full screen ads with no clear way to close them and move on so many times I’ve been taken out of the app and to the advertiser’s site on my browser- very irritating! Especially when I’m in a hurry and trying to do a quick weather ck on the fly. Please stick with banner ads or this app is a hard no for me.
Locations are strange
This app is very colorful and has useful info.
I have three problems with the locations. First is that the location list reset to the default for no reason. I suspect it downloaded an update and did not remember my custom list. I think that because the instruction overlay came up again. The feature overlay is nice when starting out, but gets old quickly.
Second, my default or auto location is not correct. I am in Irvine CA not Cowan Heights. That location is northeast and inland from my location. If you are going to track my location data as part of the price for this free app, at least get it right.
Third, while it is easy to delete locations, a new location can only be added to the top of the list, and the list can’t be reordered. That means if I and a new location I have to delete and re-add my home location to get it back to the top of the list. New locations should be inserted below the currently selected location or at the bottom of the list. By list I mean the favorites list with the star in the title.
It wIll not take too many more time fighting this basic UI functionality if my favorites list to earn you a delete.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Mendo Jurukovski
- 155.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Marathi, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yoruba
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2019 Mende App
- In-App Purchases
- Purchase Radar, Maps, Marine and Moon $1.99
- Purchase Radar and Interactive Maps $0.99
- Purchase Charts, Marine and Moon Information $0.99
- Discounted Radar, Maps, Marine and Moon $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.