Get the FREE NOOK Reading App for your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch to start enjoying Barnes & Noble’s award-winning eBook discovery and digital reading experience. Access our vast online library of over 4 million eBooks, graphic novels, comics, and magazines; plus, enjoy recommendations just for you curated by our expert booksellers. Customize your experience with multiple font and page styles and powerful organization and social sharing tools.
Put down your reading and pick up where you left off—even as you jump from one screen to another.
Barnes & Noble at Your Fingertips
• Browse Bookstore for the latest new releases, bestsellers, and expert recommendations just for you! The more you use NOOK, the better our suggestions.
• Purchases completed on Barnes & Noble’s website will automatically appear on your device.
• Over 75,000 FREE titles! Try a new author or start a new series risk-free. Download free eBooks directly from Bookstore.
• Download free book samples and add favorites to your Wishlist.
Rich, Customizable Reading
• Adjustable font styles, line spacing, margins, page animations, and screen brightness for more comfortable reading. Use our Day, Night, and Evening themes or create your own background and text color combinations.
• Add notes, bookmarks and highlights as you read.
• Organize your Library with custom stacks of eBooks, magazines and your own files.
• Search inside the book and look up words with the downloadable in-app dictionary.
• Accessible to blind and low vision users leveraging Apple assistive technology, including screen magnification and VoiceOver.
Create Your Own Quote Cards
• Found an inspiring or beautiful sentence in your book? Highlight and tap on ‘Share’ to launch the quote editor and create a custom Quote Card.
• Choose your favorite background and share with friends on social networks, email, and text message.
Discovery Delivered Daily
• Visit B&N Readouts for daily streams of free book excerpts, magazine articles, and all kinds of bookish news—including reviews from our community. Share on social, email, and other apps.
• Join the thousands of NOOK readers on Serial Reads, Barnes & Noble’s latest free reading program. Enjoy a book every month, delivered FREE in daily chapters directly to your device. Titles are hand-picked by B&N editors across genres.
• Enjoy our Free Fridays eBook selection every week.
· Quickly free up space with the new Manage Storage option which allows you to sort your books by file size and move them all to the cloud at one time.
· New Auto Archive setting lets you decide whether or not to have your older magazines and newspapers be automatically archived.
· Additional bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Search not working
Wont let me search for a book/author not sure if it’s a bug with the program or what but it just started. I was able to search not even an hour or two ago. Still great app love the convenience. Not working on iPad or mobile. I have been using this app for a while now and recently today I’ve had problems using the search bar on both my iPad and Mobile. I tried everything I could think of and thought the best thing to do was delete it off one device. I deleted it from my mobile device and re downloaded the app. Upon login I couldn’t view any of my books. When I tried going to the website it said I didn’t have any there either. Upon looking on my iPad I did have all the books still on that device Only. I’m unsure if this is a glitch or bug or anything but I like having the app on both devices because, obviously, I do not always carry my iPad with me. I would very much appreciate it if these issues could be looked at. It is also no longer appearing online when I log in there I have no idea what happened but nothing is on my devices and Ik I have purchased multiple books with barns and noble I can’t get any help fixing this problem I am over seas and can not call nor do I have access to get help from them. The only proof I have that I got these books are on my iPad.
Developer Response ,
Hi Bated, please use the Send Feedback > Book Problem method within the app to report this issue by selecting all of the affected books. We will then be able to better investigate and get you reading again ASAP.
Not happy with the new update!
Before the update you could see the cover of all the books you had available to read in your library. Now you have to scroll through either by author or title and click on each to see them. Of course you can see recent ones that way, but I want to see all my books like it was before. Plus I have to do this with all my archived books also which takes forever if you can’t remember who wrote it or the exact title. I do not understand why they had to change that aspect of the app. Bring that option back, please!! Ok, they let me know I could view them that way by title or most recent, which is good, but why take away the choice by author? For those of us that read a lot this seems like a crazy change to make, this is a reading app after all, anything available in title should be available in author also(the same format). So, still no 5 stars because of that. Don’t understand why you changed that option:(
Thank you for listening and adding back the choice to search by author or title with the book cover. I am very happy!! You get your 5 stars back:)
Developer Response ,
Hi JAMarsh65, you can still view your Library items by cover -- all you have to do is open the sort/filter menu (tap the bolded text along the top left that likely says “All Types by Author”) and Sort By “Most Recent” or “Title.” You can also change to Filter By "Archived," to view just the items you've archived. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to our Support team or visit the FAQs for tips and tricks on getting the most out of the new experience.
Frustrating, riddled with bugs, counterintuitive
I used to love my nook app - it was easy to use for all ages. There have been so many unnecessary changes rolled out so poorly that no one in the family wants to use their nooks because the app keeps changing, is counterintuitive, and frustrating - they’ve all downloaded kindle instead, and have asked me to simply buy paper books. Problems include: I can’t sort my archive - while it appears as an option in another family member’s profile, my profile does not have that option. With more than 400 books in my archive, it’s extremely difficult to find the books I want to read. Even if I know the author and exact title, the search function does not call up books we know are in the archive - they appear when I scroll through the archive, but not in search. Additionally, here’s the most ironic bug: the send feedback/report a bug feature doesn’t work - you can type, but the “send” button is grayed out and unavailable. Every time there’s an update I have to spend several hours scouring the FAQs to see if they took away functions or if we’re just seeing a bug, then analyze whose profile and account works correctly, then try it figure out why some family members have x function but others don’t. EVERY update at least one family member’s account or profile has a bug; and now, to even report the sorting bug, I had to go into one of my kids’ profiles since I couldn’t!
Developer Response ,
Hi KA, thanks for this feedback. These issues were not previously reported to us. The archive sorting issue for secondary profiles will now be fixed in the next release. But in the meantime, you can fix this by signing out and signing back into your account.
We are not able to reproduce the search or feedback bugs. The feedback form is dependent on you having Apple Mail set up, so please ensure that is true. We would love to be able to receive that mail because it may help shed light on the search issue. To discuss further, you can also use the customer service email link found on NOOK’s App Store page.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 154.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2010-2020 barnesandnoble.com llc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.