The Thingy app is designed to work with the Nordic Thingy:52™ devices.
Nordic Thingy:52 is a compact, power-optimized, multi-sensor device built around the nRF52832 Bluetooth® 5 SoC from Nordic Semiconductor.
Capture, view, and interact with the sensor data acquired from your Thingy, with no programming skills required.
Use this app to connect your iPhone or iPad with Thingy and gain access to the following functionalities:
- View the current temperature, humidity, air quality, and atmospheric pressure.
- Use it as a compass, step counter, or detect taps on any of its axis.
- Check the orientation of your Thingy and get live accelerometer, gyroscope, and magnetometer data at a high rate.
- Measure the gravity vector.
- Trigger programmable events by pressing the button on top of the device.
- Control the color, brightness, and mode of the RGB LED.
- Stream PCM audio to its speaker, or play predefined notification sounds when events occur.
- Stream audio from Thingy to a mobile device using the built-in microphone.
- Play programmable tunes in frequency mode.
- Using the free Thingy app, update the firmware on your Thingy as soon as new firmware versions are released.
For firmware and mobile developers:
Thingy can be flashed with your custom firmware, just like any other development kit from Nordic Semiconductor.
The Thingy firmware package contains comprehensive documentation, so you can easily customize it to your own needs.
Additionally, We provide a CocoaPod in Swift-4.2 for iOS 9.0 and above, This library is built exclusively for Thingy to ensure that installation and integration in your project are as smooth as possible!
Learn more about Thingy at http://www.nordicsemi.com/thingy
New look and feel.
Updated Thingy:52 firmware to version 2.2.0 which includes an option to read and write NFC Tag content. This is not supported by the app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.