North puts your thoughts into context, superfast.
Jot down, copy-paste, list out – all in one app.
Goodbye mental notes, North brings you the simplest, fastest experience in saving anything you want on your iPhone, iPad or Mac.
- ALL NEW 3DLinks
- Discover what real linking looks like with 3DLinks on North
- Link any note, anywhere inside North and pull interactive content from the web with Link Previews included in this update
- Drag and drop links, duplicate links, and embed links in any part of your note text
- Save bookmarks like never before with 3DLinks and Link Previews on North
- ALL NEW Upcoming Widgets (now in macOS Big Sur and iOS)
- See what's next on your schedule with these super minimal widgets, designed to work and look great on your home screen
- Drag and drop
- Drag Nested Notes out of parent notes by dragging with one hand and then navigating back using multitouch
- Drag notes on top of other notes to embed as Nested Notes
- Drag a Nested Note within its parent's editor to reorder its position in the list
- Export with North Document format
- Share a note with all of its Nested Notes, tags, 3DLinks, media and content formatting
North Also Features:
- Lightning Fast Saves
- iCloud Sync across your other devices
- Infinitely* nest-able sub-notes and sub-tasks
- Natural language processing for smart reminders (Just say: "Reminded me tomorrow")
- Geofence reminders (Just add a location and a geofence tag to a note)
- Instant search by body text and tags
- Repeat tags for recurring tasks
- Rich-text editing (Bold, Italic, Underline, In-line Images)
- In-line hashtags
- Organization tags (Choose from multiple color codes and four custom text tag types)
- Multiple start times
- Multiple repeat cycles
- Intelligent home screen
- Actionable notifications
- Swipe any note to archive or restore
INTRODUCING NESTED NOTES
North Notes introduces a cool new way to organize your ideas, work, thoughts or tasks: Nesting! Add sub-notes inside your main note and keep it all in one place.
To-do lists are great for getting things done, and not missing a spot. North comes with a powerful way to create lists within any note: Nested Notes.
North is your labelling dream come true. You get an array of different tag families that you could use from standard text tags like hashtags to unique text tags only found on North.
The integrated Tag Bar is a great way to speedily add new tags to your note. But when you need the fastest path in town, there’s inline #tagging!
REMIND ME IN 45
Just try entering: “remind me in 30 minutes”, “this Sunday at 12 GMT+3”, or “on December 24” in your note text. North will do the rest.
You could add notes to an existing Tag Group by tapping on the Add Button on each row in your Add Feed.
SAY IT WITH SIRI
North works super-smoothly with Siri. Try “Create a note with North” and speak your mind. Siri would do the rest.
North Notes operates within the Apple iCloud framework. This means that all of your data is stored only on your device and your Apple iCloud Account.
SWIPE TO CHECK / UNCHECK
North now also adds the ability to swipe from left to right on any note check it out of your pending items.
AUTO SYNC WITH APPLE CALENDAR APP
You can now view all of your events added to North on your Apple Calendar app.
INTELLIGENT SPLIT VIEW ON IPAD AND MAC
North now features intelligent split-view. You can now open two notes side-by-side on your iPad, iPhone Max, or Mac to double your productivity.
North Notes is now available for iPhone, iPad and Mac.
You can have up to 1,000 active notes at any time with your purchase of North. Upgrade to North Unlimited to have as many active notes as you wish.
How-To Guides: https://northnotes.app
*Subject to device and hardware limitations
- INTRODUCING Search Operators: Use "+" or " AND " between your keywords to get results that contain all of your keywords. Use "|" or " OR " to get results that contain any one or more of your keywords. Exclude operators to get results which contain your full search text.
- Combine multiple tag names with "+" or " AND " in search to get a filtered feed with your chosen tags
- INTRODUCING Universal Attachments: Add any type of file into your notes. Preview all supported files in-app including PDF, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, videos, images, text files, and RTF. Zoom into your images in Preview, edit your video clips and even annotate your PDFs; do all of this while viewing a note in North.
- Zero loss of quality when attaching images with Universal Attachments
- Duplicate swipe action
- Drag-and-drop into other notes
- Drag-and-drop from macOS Finder or iPad Files App onto any of your Note Previews or onto your Note's toolbar
- Annotate PDFs that are saved in your notes
- NEW Attachment Bullets and Attachment Tags in your Note Previews
- Access Universal Attachments by tapping the More Actions button on the top left of your Navigation Bar in your Notes Editor or simply drag-and-drop files on macOS and iPad
- INTRODUCING State Preservation and Auto-Resume: North now loads your app into your last closed view stack whenever relaunched. You can Force Quit to reset Auto-Resume.
- "Tag" Swipe Action now supports custom labels. Just type-in your new label into your search-bar and get your newly added Tags
- Split-view navigation has improved consistency
- Pinned Tags are now retained when not tagged to any notes
- Checked notes are restored to Unchecked when rescheduled by a Repeat Tag
- ALL-NEW Quick Access Panel for jumping to notes from any part of your navigation stack
- Save notes in a temporary #pasteboard Feed by adding a hashtag, pin the #pasteboard Feed to the top of your Add Feed, and use Quick Access to bring your tagged notes into your content from anywhere in the app
- Launch a new note inside of Quick Access and get back to your prior work when done
- With Quick Access, you can filter your note library as needed, drag and drop notes to pull in content to your active note, tap to launch notes, access your swipe and bulk actions and when done, close Quick Access with a simple swipe down to get back to where you were
- With Quick Access, you can perform a global search to find any of your notes while editing
- ADDED "Detach" Swipe Action to remove nested notes from the parent note - available as a leading-edge swipe for Nested Notes
- ADDED "Tag" Swipe Action to tag a note into any of your Feeds or Filter Feeds - available as a leading-edge swipe for Nested Notes
- ADDED "Related" Swipe Action - Use this to jump into a Filtered Feed that matches the tags of your chosen note and add more content under this Filter with a tap - available as a leading-edge swipe for tagged notes
- EXPANDED Bulk Actions including Detach, Tag and Untag
- IMPROVED toolbar drop zone tips during drag and drop sessions
- Previous Feed to track your elapsed events
- Filter Stacks
- Narrow down your lists with multiple filters
- You can now filter your feeds with multiple tags or by Upcoming and Archived - better yet, you can stack all of these filters together in one go
- Swipe from the trailing edge of your Add Feed items to jump into Filters or tap on the Filter button at the bottom-left of your Feed View toolbar
- Contact details are now supported by 3D Links and Auto-Detect
- Supported contact types include Postal Addresses, Telephone Numbers and Hyperlinked Email Addresses
- Introducing Color Tags with custom labels
- Add new Color Tags by typing your label text into the Tag Bar ー Scroll through the tag list to see more tags with your text
- Visual improvements to tags in note previews, Tag Bar and Notes Editor
- ALL NEW Calendar Widget
- Scan your day with Event Dots at the top right of your widget
Ratings and Reviews
UPDATE: It hasn't crashed once since I downloaded the update. Good work & thank you! =]
I'm liking the app, but it keeps crashing. All I'm doing is going in and out of notes. At least once every 5 minutes or so. This is happening on Big Sur 11.0.1
Developer Response ,
Your feedback is important to us. We will release a new update to resolve your issue shortly. Please feel free to reach out to us on Support if you have any further requests.
Developer Response ,
Some good news. North Notes now introduces a FREE Trial for 3 months to try out the app. Although this will not resolve your concerns about pricing in the long-run, we feel it may help you better evaluate the app and see how it may serve you.
We are working hard to bring more useful features to North each day to make it the easiest way to capture your thoughts and keep them organized. Please contact us on our support page should you have any further comments and or feedback on how we could improve North Notes to serve you.
Thanks for checking us out!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Initial Inc.
- 25.3 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Initial Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- North Unlimited — 1 Month $1.99
- North Unlimited — 3 Months $5.99
- Unlimited Forever $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.