Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
CREATE MEMORABLE MULTI-MEDIA NOTES
• Work with a variety of note-taking, journaling, and drawing tools like ink, highlighter, text, and audio.
• Leave room for ideas with infinite page scroll.
• Mark up imported or scanned textbooks, documents, forms, and images.
• Add photos, GIFs, web pages, and more.
STAY ORGANIZED, PAPER-FREE
• Go paperless and keep your notes with you, without the weight, the hassle or the waste.
• Group notes with customizable subjects and dividers.
• Quickly search handwriting*, typed text, PDF text, image text, and note titles.
• Secure notes using Face ID and Touch ID.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH NATURALLY
• Create custom colors and match any color with the color dropper.
• Ink is fine-tuned for the Apple Pencil for the most responsive, precise writing experience yet, including double-tap gesture for switching tools, erasing, and more.
• Easily create perfect shapes.
• Precisely erase freehand ink or shapes with varied brush sizes.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Notes are automatically synced with audio recordings so you can replay what was said while you wrote.
SHARE IDEAS IN PRESENTATION MODE
• Present ideas in full screen without distracting toolbars when connected to an external display.
• Engage the audience with all of Notability's tools including a Laser Pointer.
• Use Multi-Note to view a secondary note that stays hidden from the audience while presenting.
DO MORE WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Work with two notes side-by-side.
• Quickly switch between notes with the Note Switcher.
• Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, images, and more between notes.
• Full-featured, left-aligned typing with word count and a wide range of fonts, custom fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
• Save time with keyboard shortcuts.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more - conversion to PDF happens on your device, so information stays private.
• Annotate imported pictures, lecture slides, and meeting agendas, or complete class assignments.
• Easily create searchable multi-page PDFs using the built-in Document Scanner.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac, or to retrieve previous versions of your notes.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, WebDAV, and OneDrive are all supported!
*Available for in-app purchase (included with Education Volume Purchase Program):
SEARCH AND CONVERT HANDWRITTEN NOTES
• Search for handwritten words from the Library and in the note view in any of our 15 supported languages.
• Convert handwriting to text.
• It all happens on your device, so your information stays private.
Mac app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
*** What's New in 9.3.5 ***
• Fixed an issue where the toolbar could become unresponsive
• Fixed a potential crash when dismissing a tooltip
• Fixed an issue where zooming could cause the note contents to disappear
***What’s new in Notability 9.3***
• Present a note to an external display in full screen without toolbars and menus
• Note will crop to the external display aspect ratio so you know what’s being presented
• Laser Pointer
• Use Multi-Note to view a secondary note that stays hidden from the audience while presenting
Single Page Mode:
• Flip through a note horizontally one page at a time
• Works well with Presentation Mode, so pages feel like slides
• Larger page up/down arrows
• Zoom Box can now be enabled with a finger tap while using Apple Pencil
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
We rely on this sleek, powerful note-taker to annotate documents, record lectures, sketch illustrations, and more. With built-in iCloud support, it’s perfect for keeping notes, documents, and doodles up to date on both iPhone and iPad.
Easy to use
I’m using notability post nursing school to help me study for my NCLEX. I also just got an iPad recently too. I wanted to make my studying easy and accessible anywhere. Whether on the bus or waiting for someone. Notability is very simple to use so if you are like me and like something that is basic and simple then this is the app ! I read some negative comments but got it anyways and I’m glad I did. I am able to put some study books on the app as well as other pdf books. It’s easy to pass notes via airdrop from my other devices and share documents on my iPhone etc if I want my iPad notes on there. If I don’t- it’s like a clean slate on my iPhone notability. I can have 2 different sets of notes basically if I want more business or personal related goal notes on my phone rather than all my iPad notes.
So if you are in school- this is very simple, easy, and legit way to use notes. I even have a digital planner on it too which is amazing. I feel more inspired to be creative and do my goals for the day. If you have a keyboard you can type your notes Incase you don’t want to write but I love to highlight, mark notes, and bookmark certain pages to make it easier to find. I do use the split screen option at times but depends on your study preferences. I like to read first, study, then create a note and hand write my notes to make sure I got the info down.
Notability is great...but not on iPhone
Writing a review of Notability is hard. On the one hand, I use it every single day on my iPad. I do a lot of reading/research for my job, so Notability has saved me from being buried under an endless pile of paper. I even pair it up with Scanbot so I can quickly scan materials in meetings and then have all my notes/handouts in a single place. Being able to search my handwriting is a game-changer! So is having access to my documents and notes everywhere, including my laptop, and having all changes and edits synced through iCloud. I’ve always wanted to go paperless with ubiquitous access to everything; Notability is my hub for that.
Which brings me to my chief complaint about Notability: it’s iPhone app is terrible. It’s nice to see my notes on my phone if I need to skim something quickly on the go, but basic functionality is missing. You can’t search a document, highlight pages, see all the pages in a document—if you’re looking for something, you can only scroll until you find it. That’s ok if you’re talking about two pages of notes; but if you are looking at a 50 page journal article trying to find something, it’s ridiculous. Competitors have this functionality on iPhones, but Notability has never added it. I wish they would! I also wish they would format text-only notes like Google Docs, adjusting text size for a given display without affecting the formatting.
- Ginger Labs, Inc.
- 248.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2020
- In-App Purchases
- Winter $0.99
- Bubblegum Pack $1.99
- Spring $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.