Easy note-taking & annotation
- Offers In-App Purchases
Bring ideas to life with Notability! Download for free and enjoy the powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking experience. You will quickly see why we’re Apple Editor’s Choice!
Notability is as versatile as you. Jot down thoughts, import & annotate textbooks, sync your notes with audio, or sketch your next masterpiece. Whether you’re a student, professional, or hobbyist—you’ll find all the tools you need.
MORE THAN PAPER AND PEN
• Write on a variety of paper templates with customizable spacing and backgrounds.
• Take notes with multi-media tools like pencil, highlighter, text, and audio.
• Mark up textbooks, documents, lecture slides, assignments, or images.
• Clean up calculations with Math Conversion technology.
• Search anything in your notes, including handwriting and imported documents.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH NATURALLY
• Write with the most lifelike, vector-based digital pencil on the market.
• Ink is fine-tuned for the most responsive, precise writing experience (compatible with Apple Pencil & Logitech Crayon).
STAY ORGANIZED, PAPER-FREE
• All your notes in one place! Always keep notes with you, without the weight, hassle, or paper waste.
• Organize notes with customizable subjects and dividers.
NEVER MISS A THING WITH AUDIO PLAYBACK
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings with audio recording, synced to your notes.
• Tap anywhere (in playback mode) to see your note come to life in real-time.
EASILY SHARE IDEAS IN PRESENTATION MODE
• Present ideas full-screen without distracting toolbars.
• Engage an audience with all of Notability's tools including a Laser Pointer.
MULTI-TASK WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Work with two notes side-by-side.
• Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, and images between notes.
IMPORT, ANNOTATE, AND SHARE
• Import and mark-up PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more.
• Easily create searchable PDFs using built-in Document Scan.
• Full-featured, left-aligned typing with word count and formatting options.
FIND AND SHARE INSPIRATION
• Publish your notes for the world to see in the Notability Gallery.
• Browse notes from the community, search topics, save favorites, and download templates!
Download Notability for free on iPad, Mac, and iPhone and enjoy Notability with limited editing and features.
Unlock the premium, unlimited note-taking experience with an annual Notability subscription. Subscribers get:
• Unlimited edits, Auto-Backup support, and iCloud sync.
• MyScript Handwriting Recognition and Math Conversion technology.
• Premium content like academic planners and more!
Subscription auto-renews unless canceled, and will be charged via Apple iTunes account on an annual basis. Prices vary by location. You can manage your subscription in account settings after purchase. Family Sharing is not supported.
For technical assistance reach our team at email@example.com. Visit notability.com or connect with us @notabilityapp on social.
Terms of Service: https://notability.com/terms
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
- Fixed an issue that may cause lag for some users
Thanks for using Notability!
Ratings and Reviews
We rely on this sleek, powerful notetaker to annotate documents, record lectures, sketch illustrations, and more. With built-in iCloud support, it’s perfect for keeping notes, documents, and doodles up to date across your iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
New Mac App is not good
I’ve been using Notability for the past few years and love it. Being able to upload PPT and PDF decks for meetings and then take notes on my ipad has been a game changer for productivity. I can review documents - mark them up - and then send the notes directly back to my team. Except for a (very) slight delay sometimes between my Mac and my ipad, everything was seamless. I recommended Notability to everyone.
However, the latest release of Notability for Mac is a disaster. It crashes often. When it isn’t crashing it’s nearly impossible to use. Trying to drag notes from one folder to another is incredibly frustrating - difficult to accomplish and takes a ton of time to get it to work. Often I can’t seem to drag and drop except on the fourth or fifth try. Imagine if your mouse pointer only worked about 25% of the time. Also - I used to be able to “print to Notability” directly from PPT (incredibly useful for quick uploads) and that feature is gone. And uploading a folder from Finder by dragging it over to Notability is frustrating - super laggy, often results in the “spinning wheel of death”, or just crashes the app. I would go back to the previous version is a hot second if I could. It’s so annoying that I’ve even considered moving to a different notes system - although I really don’t want to do that.
I love Notabilty and the ipad version works great. But I need my full Notability ecosystem to work well together. Like it used to.
best notes app by a zillion miles
I love this app, have used it every day for a few years, and couldn't get along without it 🥰 I use it for a lot of things, including trying to learn Spanish and French 😅 For me, new languages aren't exactly a snap, but Notability makes it so much easier, and more fun. I also love looking up at the stars, and then taking a few quick notes about what I saw. I can add screenshots from SkySafari that show exactly what was visible at the time I was gazing. Even though I've got lots of dividers, and tons of subjects, with gobs of notes, I can find everything!!! Organization is a breeze in Notability.......... I've tried several other note apps, including Goodnotes 5, but for me, they didn't work as well. In Notability, I love the ambience (I use several "themes") 🎨 and it's a pleasure to work in such a wonderful, colorful atmosphere. I often work in two notes at the same time which makes life easier, and is a lot of fun. I usually use it in portrait, even when working on two notes (top and bottom), but side-by-side is available too. To my surprise, Notability handles huge PDFs with ease. I have several PDF files that I write in often that are over 200 pages 😳 Notability handles them without blinking, even though I've added in a ton of images 😂 Nothing seems to faze Notability 😄 WISH LIST: layers palette for making sure that overlapping images stay in desired order.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for using Notability and for your feedback. We will keep your comments in mind and appreciate knowing of your interest in custom colors for paper.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ginger Labs, Inc.
- 1.7 GB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2022
- In-App Purchases
- Annual Subscription $14.99
- Annual Subscription $15.99
- Monthly Subscription $2.99