Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice and top ranked app worldwide on App Store, regularly #1.
Students, teachers, artists, and professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. Notes are just the beginning; find inspiration, capture ideas, and unleash your creativity with Notability.
CREATE MEMORABLE MULTI-MEDIA NOTES
• Work with a variety of note-taking, journaling, and drawing tools like ink, highlighter, text, and audio.
• Mark up imported textbooks, documents, lecture slides, class assignments, and images.
• Instantly create notes from a selection of templates with customizable spacing and backgrounds.
• Explore endless ideas with continuous page scroll.
• Add photos, GIFs, web pages, and more.
STAY ORGANIZED, PAPER-FREE
• Always keep your notes with you, without the weight, the hassle or the paper waste.
• Group notes with customizable subjects and dividers.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH NATURALLY
• Ink is fine-tuned for the Apple Pencil for the most responsive, precise writing experience yet, including double-tap gesture for switching tools, erasing, and more.
• Precisely erase freehand ink or shapes with varied brush sizes.
• Quickly switch between ink or eraser styles with the Favorites Toolbar.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Replay audio recordings and tap anywhere on your note to hear what was said at that moment.
SHARE IDEAS IN PRESENTATION MODE
• Present ideas in full screen without distracting toolbars when connected to an external display.
• Engage an audience with all of Notability's tools including a Laser Pointer.
DO MORE WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Work with two notes side-by-side.
• Quickly switch between notes and Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, images, etc.
• Full-featured, left-aligned typing with word count and a wide range of fonts, custom fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more.
• Easily create searchable multi-page PDFs using the built-in Document Scanner.
FIND AND SHARE INSPIRATION
• Publish your notes for the world to see in the Notability Gallery.
• Browse notes from the community, search topics/tags, save your favorites for later, and download notes!
Download Notability for free on iPad, Mac, and iPhone and enjoy the Notability experience with limited editing and features.
Unlock unlimited note taking and premium content with a Notability annual subscription. Subscribers have access to:
• Unlimited edits, Auto Backup support, and iCloud sync.
• MyScript Handwriting Recognition and Math Conversion technology.
• Premium content like academic planners, journals, stickers, and much more!
Subscription auto-renews unless cancelled, and will be charged via Apple iTunes account on an annual basis. Prices may vary by location. You can manage your subscription in account settings after purchase. Family Sharing is not supported.
For technical assistance reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit notability.com to learn more, or connect with us @notabilityapp on Instagram and Twitter.
Terms of Service: https://notability.com/terms
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
Introducing Pencil! Sketch, shade, write and bring your ideas to life.
- Enjoy the most lifelike sketching experience yet with our new Pencil tool; complete with pressure and tilt sensitivity when paired with Apple Pencil.
- Try different Pencil colors to add new splashes of life and texture to your notes.
Bug fixes and improvements:
- Fixed a bug when removing a preset.
Thanks for using Notability!
Ratings and Reviews
We rely on this sleek, powerful notetaker to annotate documents, record lectures, sketch illustrations, and more. With built-in iCloud support, it’s perfect for keeping notes, documents, and doodles up to date across your iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
New Mac App is not good
I’ve been using Notability for the past few years and love it. Being able to upload PPT and PDF decks for meetings and then take notes on my ipad has been a game changer for productivity. I can review documents - mark them up - and then send the notes directly back to my team. Except for a (very) slight delay sometimes between my Mac and my ipad, everything was seamless. I recommended Notability to everyone.
However, the latest release of Notability for Mac is a disaster. It crashes often. When it isn’t crashing it’s nearly impossible to use. Trying to drag notes from one folder to another is incredibly frustrating - difficult to accomplish and takes a ton of time to get it to work. Often I can’t seem to drag and drop except on the fourth or fifth try. Imagine if your mouse pointer only worked about 25% of the time. Also - I used to be able to “print to Notability” directly from PPT (incredibly useful for quick uploads) and that feature is gone. And uploading a folder from Finder by dragging it over to Notability is frustrating - super laggy, often results in the “spinning wheel of death”, or just crashes the app. I would go back to the previous version is a hot second if I could. It’s so annoying that I’ve even considered moving to a different notes system - although I really don’t want to do that.
I love Notabilty and the ipad version works great. But I need my full Notability ecosystem to work well together. Like it used to.
Overall, A Really great app
Something that I really liked about notability was the simple and intuitive layout. This made it really easy for me to organize my notes and help me maintain order with my notes. Another thing that I really liked was all of the new updates that really helped with making things run more smoothly (i.e. the favorites bar, being able to search for key words within the notes themselves instead of just the title, and the magnifying glass).
Some areas of improvement would be being able to adjust the shape of the magnifying box because there are sometimes when I’m trying to edit a specific place and the magnifying box just doesn’t fit right. Another thing would be to be able to open more than two notes at once. This would come in handy for those to do notes simultaneously on multiple sections. It would also be cool if when your in portrait mode for the notes you have the option to be able to stack the notes top of one another instead of seeing them side. Then one last area of adjustment would be to be able to have a bookmarked notes bar like how there is a bookmarked pages (within each notes) bar. It would make jumping between two desired note documents a little bit easier.
Anyways, that’s it from me. Thank you for making a really great app. Totally looking foreword to what’s in store for the future of this app.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ginger Labs, Inc.
- 1.7 GB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2022
- In-App Purchases
- Annual Subscription $12.99
- Annual Subscription $17.99
- Monthly Subscription $2.99