Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and annotation. Apple's Mac App of The Year! Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac!
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
STREAMLINE YOUR WORKFLOW
• Become fully paper-free, in the classroom, office, and at home.
• Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
• Quickly create and edit notes by dragging and dropping documents, photos, or audio recordings from the desktop.
• Get more done with keyboard shortcuts.
• Secure and lock your notes using Touch ID.
SEARCH AND CONVERT HANDWRITTEN NOTES
• Search for handwritten words from the Library and in the note view in any of our 14 supported languages.
• Convert handwriting to text.
• It all happens on your device, so your information stays private.
SAVE TIME WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Multi-Note lets you open multiple notes at once in new windows.
• Easily access your recently opened notes in the Recent Notes subject.
• Notability includes full-featured, left-aligned typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
• Fully express your artistic side with custom colors and match any color with the color dropper.
• Easily create perfect shapes and precisely erase all ink in varied brush sizes
• Handwriting has been fine-tuned to be smooth and expressive using a trackpad or mouse.
• Ink can be scaled, transformed, rotated, nudged (with arrow keys), and restyled.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more - conversion to PDF happens on your device, so your information stays private.
• Annotate imported pictures, lecture slides, and meeting agendas, or complete class assignments.
• Share notes via email, AirDrop, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive, and more.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Notes are automatically synced with audio recordings so during playback you can listen to what was happening as you wrote.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac, or to retrieve previous versions of your notes.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, and OneDrive are all supported!
iOS app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
- Fixed an issue where notes containing highlighted text would not open properly.
- If a note doesn't open properly, you can right click and use iCloud Version History to recover a previous version.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Mac version of Notablity wipes my documents. Not worth it.
I love notability on the iPad. But the mac version is not reliable at all. Aside from the fact that it is not as user friendly as other note taking softwares on the mac, it has been clearing out/blanking my documents. It seems to be some kind of glitch in the system that occurs when you have your iPad Notability open at the same time as the one on the mac--- it just clears your entire document. Your writing stays behind, but everything else is gone. This had me frantic for a few hours the first time it happened but I found that I could recover an old version from iCloud or google. Either way, it happens almost everytime I use the Mac Notability. It’s just unfortunate that I paid for the app because I can no longer use it.
Refinements for new capabilities
I adore the new capabilities that handwriting recognition provides. However, new conditions require some new adjustments....
When I am using the handwriting to text, I often trigger the appearance of the online keyboard or the list of available fonts because my palm rests on the UI at the bottom of the screen.
When I am handwring, I would like to turn off the ability of the online keyboard's appearance. I have been discovering the joys of handwriting over typing and think that MyScript or Scribble will become a more important tool for digital notetakers...The handwriting to text is a great improvement over trying to type using the virtual keyboard and perhaps even better than a physical keyboard. Lots of books have been and continue to be written in longhand....
Thanks for a great product!
Having used One Note and Outline extensively, I have used Notability for the past 6 months while in Medical School and I think it takes the cake. I use it between an iPad Pro and MacBook Pro. It syncs between the two seamlessly as I am frequently editing both platforms almost simultaneously and have only had an error in which it asked me to select which version I wanted, maybe once or twice. I sync to iCloud and have never had a problem with backups. The search function is amazing and super easy to find notes that I am looking for. New functions on the iPad like converting written notes to type are fantastic. My only complaint is that there is no "Share" extension built into MacBook to easily share PDFs while there is this function on the iPad.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ginger Labs, Inc.
- 98.6 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Ginger Labs, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.