Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and annotation. Apple's Mac App of The Year! Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac!
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
STREAMLINE YOUR WORKFLOW
• Become fully paper-free, in the classroom, office, and at home.
• Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
• Quickly create and edit notes by dragging and dropping documents, photos, or audio recordings from the desktop.
• Get more done with keyboard shortcuts.
• Secure and lock your notes using Touch ID.
SEARCH AND CONVERT HANDWRITTEN NOTES
• Search for handwritten words from the Library and in the note view in any of our 14 supported languages.
• Convert handwriting to text.
• It all happens on your device, so your information stays private.
SAVE TIME WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Multi-Note lets you open multiple notes at once in new windows.
• Easily access your recently opened notes in the Recent Notes subject.
• Notability includes full-featured, left-aligned typing with a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
• Fully express your artistic side with custom colors and match any color with the color dropper.
• Easily create perfect shapes and precisely erase all ink in varied brush sizes
• Handwriting has been fine-tuned to be smooth and expressive using a trackpad or mouse.
• Ink can be scaled, transformed, rotated, nudged (with arrow keys), and restyled.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more - conversion to PDF happens on your device, so your information stays private.
• Annotate imported pictures, lecture slides, and meeting agendas, or complete class assignments.
• Share notes via email, AirDrop, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive, and more.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Notes are automatically synced with audio recordings so during playback you can listen to what was happening as you wrote.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac, or to retrieve previous versions of your notes.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, and OneDrive are all supported!
iOS app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
• Fixed an issue where the app could freeze
• Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I had to fight with the UI but still saved me with annotating and recording a very fast class.
THere is a lot of unused space in this app still.
Some of the color palette should be next to the brushes instead of way off to the side.
The page navigator should hold the selected page in the middle of the screen so the user can see above and below the current page for quick selection. Always having the selected page be at the bottom is not helpful. You can always go back a page quickly but not forward.
When hiding the note navigator the window should not shrink like it does. In my opinion, the content should adjust, not the window. When I would have the window snapped to the side of the screen, adding the note navigator would push the right side of the window over the content I've snapped to the right side of the screen. When I close the note navigator, the left side of the window disappears and now my window is no longer snapped to the left side of the screen. So I would have to keep snapping it back to the left side of the screen.
Being able to trim audio would be nice.
Would be nice if the services I could use for auto-backup would also be the chosen sync service, instead of iCloud. No need to waste space in two spots if I'm paying for storage on those other services.
Does what it needs to do, but crashes quite a lot
I just use this version for reading and typing my notes from my iPad on a desktop platform. I hate typing on my iPad, and it helps to have a centralized app for all of my notes that syncs pretty nicely and quickly. However, I still encounter a lot of crashes. It seems to crash most frequently when I don't have a right hand sidebar open. Having it open doesn't guarantee that it doesn't crash, but that usually helps me. I'm glad I picked this up on sale for $2, because I wouldn't pay more than $5. Even then, I'd only feel comfortable with it because I got the iPad app for free and happily use it daily, so I'm willing to support them for that.
Mac app needs a lot improvements
I'm hoping that there's a way that the auto-backup or syncing up feature could be improved. It's giving me problem if I have to switch platform between iPad and Mac. The problem is that I'd never know when it is actually syncing up. I could wait for more than 10-30mins and still not have the doc synced up between platforms yet. Then when I tried to open it in a different platform, it asked me to choose to retain between the works of the same doc that I did on iPad or in Mac, and lose one of them.
I also hope that the Mac app has the feature to change the customization of the paper color and pattern.
- Ginger Labs, Inc.
- 98.9 MB
macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Ginger Labs, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.