- Note-C now remembers the selected entry of a notebook and automatically selects it when the respective notebook is opened
- Drag'n Drop an entry onto the editor to insert the title of an entry into the text. In the preferences of Note-C under the item DragDrop, the format of the title to be entered can be customized
- Smark parser updated
- fixes an error in the display of line numbering in light mode
- fixes a bug where the set color label will be lost after saving an entry
- fixed a bug that caused the currently selected entry to be saved when a strand was added to the strand field, causing an incorrect modification date for the currently selected entry
- fixed some display errors in the user interface
- dates are now localized in newer versions of macOS again
- fixes errors in the mini-editor that could freeze Note-C under certain conditions
- fixed swipe alignment to select the next or previous entry
Ratings and Reviews
Want to Like It
This note-taking app has great features. I want to like it. Find the color/appearance options too limited and hard to set up.Too much black. Icons available to represent notebooks are not at all to my taste. More variety? Color scheme does not work for me. Selection bar for entries blocks out the titles of the entries. Dark blue icons against a black background tend to disappear. How the menu options for starting a new workbook interact I found not clear. Took a lot of time experimenting until I could figure out how to set up new notebooks. Would prefer clearer Instructions. From the feature list, I suspect the programming on this app might be excellent but the interface I think needs work. Packaging is important. Suspect this app is better than it looks. That can be subjective, of course, but I’ve found it hard to get started using it, trying to get past configuring the look and feel to make them more workable for my note-taking purposes.
This developer “gets it”!
Open standards. Open formats. Keep It Simple Sam. I have every one of this developers’ products and couldn’t be happier.
I sync all my notes on my Synology DiskStation. I don’t use “the cloud”. Everything works flawlessly. Plus, I have the peace of mind knowing that all my data is in an easy to migrate format (markdown usually) and not housed in some proprietary database “locking me in” to a specific Company or software package.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you! (Danke schön!)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.