*An App Store 2016 Best App of the Year*
Take notes, add files, create checklists and sketches, record audio, and capture moments using Notebook. All your notes are instantly synced across your devices and to the cloud.
The simple, intimate joy of Notebook comes from using the app. We've been meticulous in our design, paying attention to every detail. Notebook is 100% free and ad-free. Web and Mac apps, plus a Web Clipper for Chrome, Safari, and Firefox are also available.
Notebook provides different ways to take notes and capture your thoughts.
- Write notes. Start with text, add images and sketches, checklists or audio, all in the same note.
- Add PDFs, word documents, spreadsheets, and more with the dedicated file note card.
- Create and mark checklists to get stuff done with the dedicated checklist note card.
- Record ideas, meetings, and lectures with the audio note card.
- Capture moments using the dedicated photo note card.
- Scan business cards, documents, and more.
- Sketch ideas and take hand written notes using your finger or Apple Pencil with the sketch note card.
Content added to Notebook gets intelligently formatted into beautiful, distinct cards.
- Recipe Card automatically pulls the recipe photo and description, creates a checklist for ingredients, and provides step-by-step cooking instructions. See zoho.com/notebook for supported sites.
- Video Card automatically pulls video preview and, once opened, plays in a distraction-free space. Works for YouTube and Vimeo.
- Link Card pulls headline or page title, along with the main image, creating a beautiful note card.
- You can organize various notes into notebooks.
- Notes can be grouped together.
- You can reorder your notes within a notebook.
- Move or copy note cards between notebooks.
- Link related notes to one another.
- Favorite notes to find them quickly.
- Synchronize all your notes and notebooks across devices and to the cloud.
- Take a note on one device, add to it from another.
- Swipe your notebook or note card for additional information.
- Pinch to group note cards into a stack.
- Flick to find the note cards you need.
- In landscape view, pinch to fold note cards like an accordion.
- Change the color of your note cards.
- Choose a notebook cover or create your own.
- View your note cards in either grid- or landscape-style views.
- Switch to a dark-themed Night Mode.
- Lock individual notebooks and notes with TouchID or a passcode.
- Search your notes within a notebook or across notebooks.
- Search for objects within photos, text within photos, and more.
- Set reminders to stay on top of things.
PERFECT NOTEBOOK FOR iOS
- Audio notes are automatically text searchable.
- Share notes with friends and colleagues through iMessage.
- Use Siri to dictate text and checklist notes and search for photo notes.
- Jot a note before it slips your mind with Quick Actions, using 3D Touch.
- Get to your most recent notes from the Notification Bar.
-Drag and drop notes and content across apps from Split View and Slide Over
-Take notes in Split View on iPad Pro
NOTEBOOK FOR APPLE WATCH
- Record audio notes from your Apple Watch.
- Scribble notes on your Watch.
- View recently created notes on your Watch.
- Create Public Notes with sharable links.
- Share your notes through email and other options.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com
Additional information about the app is available at zoho.com/notebook
We listen to your feedback and added a few new tricks to imporve the user expereince.
- Simple ways to create a new Zoho account to sync your notes.
- Delete all your completed stuffs from a checklist card. Tap on 'Clear' on completed section to perform this.
- Search term is now highlighted in notes during Quick Search.
- Sometimes, when you use mutliple devices, conflict handling was a mess. Now, we handle conflicts better so you don’t lose your latest content.
We’ve also fixed a few bugs and made a few enhancements to the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app fits every need I have or will have
I’ve had this app for about 2 months now and love it I even recommended it to a friend who now uses it as well. I plan on going to college someday and this will be great for when I take that step. Don’t be fooled though this app can be used for so much more then that, although I haven’t played with then yet there are checklist and scanner functions. Not to mention this app is 100% free that’s huge for an app with so many different uses. This app is so personal you can create individual notebooks and use your favorite pictures as the covers. The notes app that comes standard with Apple products does the job but the problem with it is if u need to keep certain notes private you have to lock them one by one, with this app you have the option to lock individual notes within a notebook or you can create a passcode and lock entire notebooks, and that same passcode can unlock the entire app after up to ten minutes just the same way a passcode on your phone this app locks and unlocks the exact same way. If u download this app I promise you won't regret it!!!
Great free app! I use it all the time
I've only had an iPhone for a little while but this is one of the best apps I've tried. I'm still finding out all the useful ways I can use it. I have everything from a grocery check list to all the crazy number of user names and passwords for the internet. I've started saving my favorite recipes and scanning my receipts as well. Every category getting its own notebook. Changing the covers to my own photos makes finding the right notebook quick and it's easy to use. It's a great little organization app. It's more than a basic check list or reminder list like I have used before but even for a beginner, with a little playing around and reading the tips I've found it to do more without having to spend a great deal of time figuring out how it works. You can import your own images for book covers but it would be great if more covers were already in the app for basic categories such as groceries, to do list or journals, just typical things that people are likely to want to create a notebook for. The more I use it the more I find it useful to have.
Very impressive - how is this app free!?!
The features are incredible and it is so easy to organize my notes, prose, poetry, recipes, whatever it is I need to save. This app is a million times better than Evernote, which is bloated and ugly and inefficient. I used Evernote for a year and all the while it was nothing but a hassle. Also, Evernote was painfully slow. The features of this app, however, are very intuitive and efficient. I love that you can group notes together by pinching them together *or* by doing a long press. If you want to ungroup them, but just pinch them apart and voila, out of the group. I could go on and on about the features of this app but there are so many cool and *useful* features that I don't have the time or space to do so. It is free! I would happily pay top dollar for this app but it's FREE. Give it a try, and if you're currently using Evernote and decide you like this app better (you will), there's an option to import all of your Evernote stuff. Definitely well worth it to give this app a try.
- Zoho Corporation
- 208.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Dutch, Filipino, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016, Zoho Corporation Pvt. Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.