• Study smarter whenever you have a few minutes with 5 powerful study algorithms as we track your progress automatically
• Study faster in our distraction free app designed to get you directly to the task at hand
• Study easier using our simple but powerful functionality with the ability to carry around thousands of cards in your pocket
One of the most powerful and popular tools for studying has always been 2-sided index cards otherwise known as flash cards or note cards. Notecards is an application to help you study through the use of virtual flash cards. We let you study your way, while enhancing your experience with the power of the digital world.
While you are studying, Notecards tracks how well you do so you can easily find what cards you are worst and best at. We use those statistics to create 4 powerful and configurable study algorithms:
1. Review: Study all the cards at once
2. Divide and Conquer: Cards are divided into smaller groups. Once you have mastered a group, move on to the next group.
3. Start Small: Start out with a small number of cards. Once that group has been mastered, more cards are added to the group until you are studying all the cards.
4. Practice Worst: Practice all your worst cards until you master them.
You can also customize your study sessions with the following options:
• Study in a fixed or shuffled order
• Study front-to-back or back-to-front
• Have the cards spoken out to you
• Use timers to study without looking or force you to remember things more quickly
Notecards also contains the following features to make creating and organizing your content easier:
• Organize your content into as many folders and subfolders as you like. You can even choose to study all of the content in a parent folder at one time.
• Search across all of your content at once
• An interface optimized to create many cards at once
• Send your cards to another user
• Quickly resume studying content you recently studied, right from the apps home screen
It can be extremely valuable to create your own cards, however, sometimes it makes sense to save time by purchasing premium study content. For that, we have an ever growing catalog of content that goes well beyond what most users can or should create for themselves.
Updated for iOS 14, but more importantly, we're sad to say we've removed functionality that depends on ongoing costs for us:
- Content Store
We will be shutting down our servers soon as we can no longer justify running them so this functionality will break in existing versions. However, all of your existing content, including content you've purchased in the past, will continue to function as normal.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Perfect study tool
This app is extremely simple to use and allows for as much organization as you want with its folders, and also provides the nice option to go back to the previous card when you shake the phone. I pretty much use it daily for school and I have encountered no issues. One other user mentioned that they were having a problem where their app kept crashing. I think that is more of a specific problem because, as mentioned, I’ve had no issues with this app. I’d recommend this to anyone who needs to study or just wants a notecard app. And while I’m a bit disappointed the store for this app is being removed, I can comfortably say it doesn’t affect my usage of the app. Thank you to the developers for creating such a nice app. I know it likely isn’t the most profitable thing since there are no ads. But your work does not go unappreciated.
Amazing Study Tool!!
This app has helped me enormously with studying French! The app design is simple and easy to learn. Organization of cards is very easy with folders and decks. The search bar allows for quick access to filed cards. The best study tool in this app is the “card study tracker” as I like to call it... the app “tracks” your correct and incorrect cards and gives them scores based on how many times you have correctly chosen the answer or definition. When you have studied a deck a few times, you can go back and choose to study “your worst ones” based on the tracking. Or you could study in short bursts with the “quick study” option or classically study then all at once!
I would recommend this app to anyone who loved paper note cards and wants to try digital note cards!
I am studying for the NCE, National Counseling Exam, and there is ALOT of material to study; 9 different areas in counseling. The study guide is 800 pages!! 👀 So, I bought notecards and decided to write out my material. Well, I got tired of that pretty quickly. I explored for a few days and found this app which has been a LIFESAVER! I can talk to text which is less time than writing the notecards out. I can create “decks” which helps organize the areas of study I need. Also, it’s on my phone so I don’t need to carry around notecards! I can study a few minutes while waiting. It’s easy and convenient.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Learn Brigade, LLC
- 15.1 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2013 - 2019 Learn Brigade, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Study Content Credit $0.99
- 2 Study Content Credits $1.99
- 5 Study Content Credits $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.