Noteful is your one-stop note-taking app to experience the new paperless revolution on iPad.
Perfect for annotating documents, taking class notes or even building your personal knowledge system. It is time to put aside the paper clutter, as Noteful is a versatile tool that helps you to accelerate your learning and knowledge work.
Take Beautiful Handwritten Notes
• Natural, fluid and precise handwriting experience
• Precise handwriting on iPad with Apple Pencil native support
• Custom-built ink engine InfiniteStroke that captures and converts your strokes into high-resolution vector ink
• 3 brushes available: ballpoint pen, fountain pen and highlighter
• Switch between pen sizes and colours
• Recognise geometrical shapes
Markup, Highlight, Annotate
• Import PDFs, MS Office documents to a notebook
• Add images, shapes and typed text to notes
• Use multiple paper templates in a single notebook
• Export and share handwritten annotations as PDF
• Use Quick Create to create a new notebook for quick sketching
• Organise quickly by tagging with #tag or even #nested/tag anywhere in notebooks
• More flexible than folders; Notes can be organised by subjects, by topics or by priorities
• Browse notebooks or pages by tags
• Rename, delete or re-assign tags to easily re-organise your library
Layers in Notebook
• Add annotation on separate layers without changing original content*
• Hide or show layers independently
• Rearrange layers
• Make it possible to composite complex layout*
All Your Notes, All the Time
• Sync to all your iPhone and iPad devices*
• Take textbooks, slides, handwritten notes and PDF documents with you wherever you go
• Notebooks synced with iCloud are encrypted via account-based keys
• Erase strokes with eraser
• Double tap on Apple Pencil to switch to eraser tool
• Move and resize annotations with lasso tool
• Unlimited undo, redo
• Support Split View for multitasking
Audio Record Notes
• Record audio while you take notes
• Audio playback position synced with the notes
Modern App Design
• A minimalist UI that maximizes content space
• Streamlined design that requires fewer taps for common functions
• Different orientations are available for the main toolbar
• A clean UI that lets you focus on note-taking and the content
We will be adding new features so please stay tuned for future updates.
Noteful is free to use without time limit but with certain features (marked with*) only available to users who upgrade to Noteful Pro via In-app purchase.
Noteful Pro is available for one-time purchase and the features will be unlocked forever.
If you have support questions or product suggestions, please contact us by support.
Wishing you good note-taking!
Customer Support: email@example.com
- New: Options to create screenshots without annotations or page backgrounds.
- Fixed a bug in the toolbar that sometimes prevented the ability to switch to the pen tool by tapping on a color preset.
- Fixed an issue that caused background audio recording to stop when another app plays audio.
- When the app is terminated unexpectedly while recording audio, the app will automatically save the audio recording file to ensure that the recording is not corrupted.
Ratings and Reviews
Supreme digital planning and note taking
After the disappointment from GN6, I made the change to Noteful. I love all the extras even if I don’t use them as much such as the ruler, UI customization, tags. As a digital planner, I really like the style customization option and the washi tapes are cute. Adding stickers is not as easy as with GN. If you use the add image option it doesn’t allow you to add a picture straight from files, it needs to be on your camera roll which I don’t like. I would love to have an option such as GN elements where I could save my hand-drawn stickers saved as 1 element that I can easily copy. In Noteful is tricky because only the lasso will do it and you have to Make sure to get everything in the selection. The Duplicate option is a game changer and I hope it never goes away. Hopefully they move the delete option a bit forward on the list and make it red or bold. The nesting bookmarks for outlining your digital notes it’s amazing. I use this to create a digital notebook for my lab notes since lab notes can get messy quick this keeps everything nicely organized. Even though I have some pet peeves, these don’t negate the fact that this is a well built, well thought out app and that’s why it gives 5 stars. Also, the developers update every other week and it does seem like they do read suggestions from users.
I ran across Noteful by accident during recent pandemonium around GoodNotes/Notability updates that people hated. To be fair, I didn’t really hate either of those updates I didn’t really get the panic, y’all act like the sky is falling because a toolbar was improved, but still, it made me curious when I saw many really positive reactions to Noteful. I was curious enough to investigate, and I’m glad I did!! There are certain little annoyances that almost any app has and the same was true of GN/NB, both of which I went back and forth but never truly loved (actually Zinnia was in that loop for me). Incredibly, Noteful checks all the boxes and adds stuff I wouldn’t have thought of!! I actually love it beyond any of the others I used and that’s saying a lot because I love my journaling enough to pretend I love my notes app no matter how annoying it is but in retrospect overlooking minor inconveniences is not the same as loving an app and guess what? I deserve to love my notes app in addition to, not in spite of, my journals. I would almost take a star off for not being able to create links but, meh. They need to add that though, it’s a huge and as far as I can see the only glaring thing missing. Oh and actually I would like to adjust the shape outline and fill color/transparency separately. That’s all!!
Minimal, Efficient, Refined & Nearing Perfection
I'd really like to thank the developer(s). This really is a joy to use. All of the features that I need, with no unnecessary ones, and an extensive free mode to let me fall in love with it naturally. At this point, I have tried every note taking app and this one is the best deal. The biggest reason for me has got to be the shape input. I don't think the AppStore listing sells this feature hard enough, so here's my experience. 1. Draw approximate shape, and hold at closing vertex 2. While still holding, adjust size and rotation. 3. Release pen to enter vertex edit mode, where the shape can be fine tuned. (Once you've stopped editing vertices though, the shape is locked in) No other app gets this right. Shape input is *so* natural, versatile, and consistent. The only improvement I could ask for is allowing the editing of a shape that has already been finalized. I understand that if the shape is no longer a vector object that this makes it impossible, but a nerd can dream. - A very very happy customer
Wonderful news: They have continued improving this app. The new keyboard shortcuts are quite handy, even if some of them are placed on the right-side of the keyboard. I hope they offer options for customizing these hotkeys soon.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Noteful Technologies Ltd
- 75.9 MB
- Requires iOS 14.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Noteful Technologies Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Noteful Pro, Lifetime $4.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.