Having trouble planning your day, managing your to-do list, and organizing your notes? Always jumping between apps and losing track of what to do and where you put things?
Say hello to NotePlan!
NotePlan lets you manage everything in one place: your tasks, notes, and calendar.
Perfect for project managers, designers, researchers, writers, students, or anyone who wants to be organized and efficient.
QUICKLY PLAN YOUR DAY WITH MARKDOWN
• Plan your day by seeing your calendar, notes, and tasks in a single view
• Create tasks and notes quickly with Markdown
• Add #tags to organize tasks and notes
• Use @mentions to find people
• Reschedule to-do items easily
• Create flexible recurring tasks
• Work faster with autocomplete
BUILD YOUR NETWORK OF NOTES
• Create your own network of notes
• Organize any way you want to: from simple folders over P.A.R.A. to a Zettelkasten system
• Bi-directional notes: link your calendar and your notes in any direction, automatically
• Cross-reference and link notes easily
STAY ON TOP OF THINGS WITH REVIEW
• Search all tasks and notes, instantly
• See all open tasks with the click of a button
• Get a list of overdue to-do items
• See upcoming tasks at a glance
• Create custom filters with your own queries using status, #tags, @mentions, or even text
SEAMLESS INTEGRATION WITH YOUR CALENDAR
• Create events and reminders right in NotePlan
• Support for iCloud, Google, and Exchange calendars
• Time-block tasks on your calendar simply by typing
AVAILABLE ON MAC, IPHONE & IPAD
• Sync everything between your Apple devices
• Use any sync method you like: CloudKit or iCloud Drive
• A single subscription for all your devices
OPEN, PRIVATE & FAST
• All your notes are stored in plaintext so you're never locked in
• Your information is private and cannot be accessed
• Enjoy lightning speed thanks to local files and native apps
ANY THEME YOU WANT
• Choose from a variety of built-in themes
• Work with light or dark versions
• Create your own custom theme
SHORTCUTS FOR MAXIMUM SPEED
• Extended Markdown syntax support with customization options
• Move around without ever leaving the keyboard
• Find everything with the Global Command Bar
NotePlan is developed independently and prioritizes user features and requests. We have long-term roadmaps and listen to customers to improve the apps.
- - - - -
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. After purchase, manage your subscriptions in App Store Account Settings.
- - - - -
Learn NotePlan course: https://noteplan.eo.page/newsletter
NotePlan 3.7.1 is a smaller update with big UI changes mostly on iOS and lots of improvements and fixes.
This release also comes with Spotlight indexing of your note titles to let you search right from the Spotlight Search on every platform.
Finally, you can now easily migrate your notes from Craft (Mac only), including support for backlinks and synced lines.
- Spotlight indexing of NotePlan note titles on macOS, iOS, and iPadOS
- Craft notes importer with support for backlinks and synced lines (still improving, send me your feedback!)
IMPROVEMENTS & FIXES
- In Weekly Notes View, selecting a day now opens that day instead of the Weekly Note for that day
- Fixed macOS file attachment issue with the + button
- Better encoding for parentheses when creating URLs with Cmd+K
- Fixed an issue with Command Bar responsiveness
- Fixed a bug with links in a separate window always opening in the main menu
- Fixed a weekly scheduling issue on macOS when using the arrow left of a task
- Improved the Command Bar appearance on macOS
- Faster search performance when you have a lot of embedded events
- - -
If you are happy with the app, please rate it, or even leave a review. This is a great way to support us, indie developers.
Thanks a lot!
Ratings and Reviews
Noteplan 3 is unstoppable!
I recently downloaded this app and fell in love with it at first sight(or use). I have used all other productivity apps out there across both iOS and Mac, but nothing comes close to the features Noteplan provides. The ability to access and modify my notes, tasks and calendar, all in one place, cross-platform is beyond amazing! That is the foremost thing that sets Noteplan apart, in fact, a class apart from all other apps out there. They all seem to be missing one or the other feature and the closest anything has come to meeting that benchmark, is this app. I saw that people were raving about it on Twitter as well and I couldn't help but get this. I am on a free trial right now and I am set to get the paid version of the app in Sep -The fact that I am leaving a review at this stage is only indicative of the HUGE potential and brilliance of this app. I observed also, like one of the other reviewers here, that the development team is quite responsive and I really appreciate the fact. As a fan of this app, you can expect your team hearing from me with inputs and feedback along the way - I want to see this app get better and the best! There is so much potential here and I am in love with this! Thank you for your and the work of your team to make this possible! 🙏🏻😀
Developer Response ,
Many thanks for your review and for your kind words, I appreciate it!
There are still so many exciting ideas we got (mostly from the community :)) to work on!
Let me know if you have any questions or problems, just reach out in our Discord community or drop us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Best app on my phone!!
I have tried many methods to help me stay organized but, I always ended up shuffling through them for a variety or reasons. The biggest problem I had with other apps was the lack of flexibility. They were too rigid & didn’t allow me to easily make changes or jot things down. NotePlan3 has given me everything I was looking for and more! I use it for staying organized day-to-day but also long term. With functions to tag and date notes, it is never difficult to find what you are looking for. I also love the ability to have the app on my phone & laptop. I always have access to my schedule & notes. Another bonus is the user interface. It is very sleek and functional. It is user friendly & efficient while having the ability to customize it. 100% will be recommending this app to everyone!!
Developer Response ,
Nice! Thanks so much for your review, it really helps!
*Responding the the Developer Response:*
I want to report back that i am in fact using the CloudKit sync option on across devices. I also happen to notice the that mentioned sync issue is also raised by others in your app review by zverhope and gop1334. I am not sure if this is your way to deflect the problem or a way to buy time in resolving the limitation and app maturity. I second my voice with the other reviewers on fixing the aforementioned issues. Thanks for the response and looking forward to a real fix!
Poor technical implementation, the app in itself shows great concept on the productivity category. However, a lot of the sync, sort feature are actually rather basic. Mentioning a few of the annoying parts of the application, among them: new notes is only in a single designated location, inconsistency sync between devices bringing old folder structures and notes back, lag from url pasting and other daily qualm. From an expectation point of view for a productivity app, this app just make it annoying for the user once they invested time into it.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review!
Sorry that you are not satisfied with the features. There are tons of feature requests and I need to prioritize which are the most popular ones. The sort functionality and choosing where to store your files are unfortunately not at the top of the list. Regarding sync, it sounds you have used the Dropbox option which is in "beta" and I kept it only in the app due to requests. Please use CloudKit or iCloud Drive. They don't have such problems.
Pasting an URL has a lag because it needs to load the website and find the "title" attribute. You can alternatively turn it off in the preferences under "markdown" and the lag is gone.
Do you have any other points I could address? I encourage you to reach out to email@example.com or share your troubles in our Subreddit (reddit.com/r/noteplanapp).
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- NotePlan LLC
- 43.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 - 2022 NotePlan LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Personal Monthly $11.99
- Personal Annual $119.99
- Personal Monthly $9.99
- Personal Annual $99.99
- Business Class $199.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.