Capture the big ideas and the little things, learn from the past and become a smarter person today. Noteship is a Personal Information Manager that combines notes, todos, and reminders and is based on simple files and folders. With #tags, bi-directional links, rich text and images, search, a calendar and spreadsheet view, it comes with the building blocks to get you started with your own knowledge base, journal, Zettelkasten, or whatever productivity style fits your workflow.
• Bi-directional links/backlinks between notes (navigate both ways)
• To dos and reminders anywhere inside a note
• #tags to organize your notes
• Rich text and images
• Multiple notebooks
• All data saved locally as simple files and folders
• Include other files/documents/PDFs along with notes
• Add sub-notes to other notes and even files
• Powerful search
• Metadata fields for notes
• Spreadsheet view
• Combine sections of multiple notes on a single page
• Import Markdown files
• Zettelkasten-ready: YYYY-MM-DD date in note file names
• Links between notes auto-update when renaming/moving a note
OFFLINE FIRST: You own and control your data.
Everything is saved locally on your Mac in simple files and folders that you can see in Finder. You remain in full control over your data. No Internet connection required.
ARCHIVAL-QUALITY FILE FORMAT / DATA LONGEVITY
Notes are saved as HTML, the same format that powers nearly every website on the planet. That means you can access your notes even without the app installed. A web browser or, if need be, a simple text editor, is enough to open your notes. This ensures that your data is still accessible in 10 or even 20 years.
Terms of Service: https://noteship.com/terms/
New: Tags can now contain hyphens
New: Added Obsidian and Dendron Markdown importers
Improved importing Markdown:
• Added support for to do lists (“- [x] completed to do”)
• Added support for self-closing HTML tags
• Added support for Wiki-style [[links]]
• Added support for importing footnotes as plain text
• Better paragraph spacing
Improved: Tags inside words are now ignored
Thank you to everybody who submitted feedback! Awesome!
If you have a suggestion or feature request, please get in touch through the website or the Help menu inside the app. You’ll get a friendly reply in no time!
Ratings and Reviews
A finely crafted user experience
There are so many options for notes out there, and the matrix for comparing them in my mind is very complicated. Everyone has a different set of requirements and "Deal-breakers". Noteship fits the way I work pretty well, with a few caveats. The first thing to appreciate about noteship is the file and folder based approach to storing and syncing data. Other apps try to accomplish this, but noteship makes a creative deicision to store notes as HTML files on disk, which allows for super easy image and file embedding, which some markdown based apps have struggled to support. The other real star is the sidebar file and folder organization system, it's very flexible and very easy to use for creating deep hierarchies and great systems. The search is blazing fast, and the ability to add common fields and pivot your notes into a grid is super powerful for research tasks. I look forward to using it. I hope it get's enough support to keep growing and eventually have a mobile app too.
Very promising app!
This app looks very promising, but is just missing one or two key features for me. In my mind, it is in between Notion and Obsidian in terms of how much structure there is. "Fields" seems like a great way to add some amount of data to notes that is then querearable.
Two things that are missing from me is
1. LaTeX equations
2. Code blocks
3. (distant), but it would be nice to be able to sort/filter when looking at a spreadsheet of a tag, as well as rotate so fields are the columns and rows are the entries.
But I emailed the developer, who said that those where on the backlog of things he is working on. Awesome to see an App focused on owning your data, a native mac app, and be so full of features!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rico Gundermann
- 9.3 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Noteship Docks
- In-App Purchases
- Noteship Pro Monthly $2.49
- Noteship Pro Yearly $24.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.