Organize and Share All Your Information In One Place
• NoteTaker™ 4 for macOS is an innovative, next generation application for capturing, organizing, and retrieving any kind of information in an intuitive electronic notebook. As a personal productivity tool, NoteTaker enables a powerful yet easy to use environment for working with your information.
• Use NoteTaker 4 daily in every part of your life— at home, at work, for a project, or just for fun. NoteTaker takes an intuitive, outliner approach to your task, no matter what the complexity, and you can customize it to fit your work style and information needs.
• NoteTaker 4 is fully compatible with notebooks created by the original NoteTaker and NoteShare apps
Information At Your Fingertips
• Even if you’re using NoteTaker 4 for the first time, you’ll already know how to use a NoteTaker notebook. An intuitive multi-page notebook with section tabs makes it easy to page through content just like in a regular paper-based notebook. In addition, you can tag, index, prioritize, and summarize information of any kind, performing intelligent searches without the complexity of a database system. If it’s in NoteTaker, you can find it any time from anywhere.
Notebooks for Everything
With NoteTaker 4, it’s easy and convenient to:
• Gather a variety of information throughout the day and organize it in free text, lists, outlines, or tables
• Use notebooks as central hubs for major projects, organizing schedules, contacts, document attachments, clippings from other applications, voice memos, Web links, and even live Web pages
• Keep an address book and To Do list, generating mailing lists, prioritizing tasks, and checking them off when they’re completed
• Outline, generate, and index a document—be it a professional paper, school report, or book of favorite recipes
• Record lectures while taking notes that are synced to the audio and vice versa
• View live web pages and podcasts in an embedded Web browser
• Assemble scrapbooks or briefs of Internet clippings, photos, diagrams, and movies
• Organize and summarize research notes, keep track of school assignments, and manage other school projects
• Share notebooks between multiple computers using iCloud
• Retrieve earlier versions using macOS's native document versioning
• Set a password to keep your notebook data secure with 128-bit AES encryption
Creating and Publishing Notebook Content
• Generate PDF “notebooks” anyone can view.
• Publish a Web Notebook™, making your content available over a private network or on the Internet.
• NoteTaker 4 applications are nearly unlimited when it comes to organizing notes, ideas, projects, and other information. As we like to say, “Use it every day for everything that’s on your mind.”
Who is using NoteTaker 4?
• Individuals organizing and keeping personal notebook journals, to do lists and scrapbooks
• Artists, musicians and writers creating new projects, brainstorming and reflecting
• Students taking course notes, researching topics and reviewing for exams
• Professors, teachers and tutors creating course materials, web notebooks and lectures
• Attorneys outlining case work, recording meeting notes and preparing presentations
• Researchers and scientists organizing research projects and lab notebooks
• Project managers and scrum masters organizing agile projects, writing user stories and keeping notes
• Exec teams organizing presentations, agendas and reports
• Consultants managing client projects, research and meeting notes
• Knowledge workers and team leaders enhancing and organizing their daily work
• Family members planning events and trips, tracking to do lists and keeping notes
• Engineers and software developers organizing work projects, keeping notes and clipping information from web sources
Fixed issue with attachment open panel, when opening notebooks created with earlier versions of NoteTaker.
Fixed issue causing drawer open state to not be preserved between sessions.
Fixed issue when indexing words with parentheses.
Fixed issue causing the app to appear as available to macOS 10.10 users.
Ratings and Reviews
All of my lists in one place
The field of outline-based information managers is limited, and I have a lot of lists in a lot of projects and subprojects. Notetaker is the only app I would consider for this. And it has a very hand to-do list feature that allows checking off items, forwarding the unchecked items to the next day until they are completed and checked off. The app is small and fast, so having it running all of the time is not an issue. With the demise of its only serious competitor a few years ago, this is the only game in town for the list/outline oriented Mac user.
It is rare, at least for me, that a new software gives the kind of exhilaration that used to be a common experience in the early days Apple Macintosh. . . . a software that inspires a new vision of how to re-establish order in your life, whether that be in your business, your academic pursuits, writing projects, information organization or simply your personal journaling and notes. Not everyone suffers, as I do, from being an organizational fanatic, compulsive notetaker and writer but everyone needs to process an almost overwhelming amount of information and detail these days. As order seems to be - not only the first law of heaven, but mental health and efficiency as well, we all have to keep our minds free and yet at an instant be able to retrieve information, instruction, class notes, lists, recipes, ideas instantly. In order to do that it behooves us to find a retrieval and organizational system that reflects the way we organize our thoughts. I am not a programmer but it has always amazed me how difficult it is to create an outliner or project planning application that has enough flexibility to allow everyone to "do it their way" and not fit into the constraints of the program developer. The other thing is it has to be aesthetically pleasing if you are going to spend hours looking at a screen. Collapsing everything but that which you are attending to this moment for a clutter free working environment is an imperative for me. Through the years I have purchased everything on the market that whispers "order". They almost always have their strong and weak points, but my point is I kept looking. This is the re-birth of my favorite all time note-taking, outline program. It is true Notetaker lagged behind for a couple of years and I slowly realized I had to move on, so I was delighted to see its rebirth this week in it's 64 bit version. With icloud now, I am sure an IOS edition will soon appear and the future is bright. It is a pure delight. Very intuitive, fast and slim, beginning with Book / Drawer/Contents / Subject / pages /and then hierarchical levels as deep as your mind needs to go. I put it through its paces in Dropbox as well these past few days and it works flawlessly.
- AquaMinds Software Corporation
- 26.7 MB
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 AquaMinds Software Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.