NOTE: This version is compatible with OS X 10.7 or later
NoteTaker™ for OS X, first introduced in 2002, is a third generation information processor for individuals. NoteTaker combines the power of the built-in outliner with a visually rich notebook interface for organizing information and creating personal notebooks.
NoteTaker is foremost a personal note and idea organizer. You can make a list, create an outline or jot down an idea. But NoteTaker scales with your needs, enabling you to add, change, and organize your information as needed, no matter what form it takes - lists, outlines, paragraphs of rich text, audio, video, or even embedded live web content and flash animation, from one page to hundreds of pages.
NoteTaker's visual metaphor is a rich "spiral" notebook pages with section tabs. You can create your own custom notebooks, from basic outlines and checklists to complex reports and project binders.
Use it to communicate ideas. Organize personal information for fast retrieval. Keep a project or daily journal. Take notes in meetings and record synchronized audio lectures. Browse and clip web information to your notebook. Create a project plan or syllabus. Write a book! Used by thousands of individuals, students, teachers and other professionals worldwide, NoteTaker is software you'll use every single day.
NoteTaker now includes personal real-time sharing, a feature previously exclusive to AquaMinds NoteShare™. Instantly share a notebook, in a few easy clicks, with family members on other Macs at home, or read your shared notebooks from your iPhone or iPad while at home or on the road using NoteShare Mobile Viewer.
Please visit the AquaMinds web site at www.aquaminds.com/product.jsp for more information on NoteTaker.
• Full rich text editing including lists, tables, and substitutions
• Drag and drop image, movie, audio and other file attachments for inline playback
• Voice Memo recordings time-linked to text entries, with compression and voice activation
• Integrated live web browsing and search
• Clipping and Search Service support
• PDF and DOC import and viewing
• Built-in outlining with multiple pages and sections
• User-customizable Tags and Templates
• Easy hyperlinking to URLs, Voice Memos, notebook content, Pop-up Annotations, and AppleScripts.
• Automatically-maintained Index section for text, tags, document types, links and more.
• To Do List management
• Highlight and Summarize for gathering notes
• Navigation Drawer with History, Contents, and Notebook Libraries
• One-click emailing of notebooks and Page Folios
• Web Notebook™ creation and automatic updating for publishing to the web
• Real-time interactive sharing and collaboration
• Print pages, sections or entire notebooks to PDF
• Free NoteShare Viewer and NoteShare Mobile Viewer apps for sharing notebooks with others.
• Password protection with secure AES-128 encryption
• Spotlight, QuickLook, and VoiceOver ready
• AppleScript support
What's in your notebook?
• Science and medical researchers organizing project and lab notes
• Lawyers organizing cases and research
• Students organizing academic work and projects
• Teachers preparing and sharing class and courseware
• Creative artists authoring books, outlining new projects
• Project managers organizing details, plans and action items
• Executive teams outlining, organizing and preparing business plans
• Consultants tracking meeting notes, agendas and tasks
• Knowledge workers organizing, sharing and publishing information
• Family users organizing trips, planning projects or writing a journal
• Individuals creating their own custom notebooks
Also check out our proven collaboration products NoteShare and NoteShare Server. While including all the features of NoteTaker, these apps provide more powerful sharing capabilities for workgroups, schools or other institutions.
NOTE: This version is compatible with OS X 10.7 or later
Fixed issues related to OS X 10.9 "Mavericks"
Fixed issue with favorite characters not appearing in Edit menu.
Fixed issue with zoom settings causing entry contents to not be visible.
Fixed crash on save when closing notebook after adding attachment.
Fixed issue with Contacts toolbar button.
Fixed issue saving new notebooks on certain systems.
Ratings and Reviews
Text keeps disappearing - use to LOVE this software.
I have used this program for many years. In the recent upgrade, when I start typing in window, all the text disappears and only reappears when I leave the window. This makes it really hard to use. There suggestion to use at 100% does not work. Plus, I want to be able to keep the text at the smaller size with zooming for use on my computer for print out purposes. I use this as a lab notebook and need to be able to print hard copies. Extremely disappointed and hope it will get fixed. I would recommend this product but not until they fix this problem. PLEASE FIX!
BEST company support, beats any product on the market!
I have used this product since 2005. Aquaminds has provided, and consistently updated, the best notebook product available. Though no means the biggest, they have never lost their enthusiasm for the product NOR for the customer. While the OSX version underlying this product has gone through many changes, which for any developer can provide a guarantee of a palette of headaches, the folks at Aquaminds have solicited feedback, followed through on issues, and their support is remarkably timely.
As a product, it is unbelievably deep in features, but remains far more flexible than the average Apple Corp. turnout. And yet, it remains “conversational” with all the rest, allowing for easy sharing, both to and from the Notebook, with Mail, or Safari, or files created by word processors, image managers and document readers… and regardless of which platform (Apple, Microsoft or Linux).
Thanks to all at Aquaminds. There is no software that performs flawlessly, but there are few software companies that stand behind their products and customers like Aquaminds does.
Used to Love it. Now just HATE this Malfuncting Piece of Garbage
Forced to buy the last release when updating to El Capitan, which is supposed to work, but it doesn’t. Complete Rip-Off!!! Used to love Notetaker to the point that I’m currently locked into using it in regards to a decade long research project. But I HATE being stuck with it. Now attempting to move over to Scrivener, which is an excellent replacement. Just hard when you have over ten years of research locked into this piece of garbage like this. Actual Support is Dead and the Program is simply a frustrating waste of time. Barely works as it should. Text Entry is Delayed or simply Disappears, forcing you to wait for the malfunction to time-out, which often just repeats itself over and over until you get lucky enough to move forward. I’m on a Mac Pro with 32GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD Hard Drive, so I should have no problem running this Program. Instead, I am forced into waiting for the program to for various malfunctioning reasons, which only frustrates my thoughts, writing process, and productivity. Not Fun!! HATE IT!!!
- AquaMinds Software Corporation
- 23.8 MB
OS X 10.6.6 or later
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013 AquaMinds Software Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.