NoteWorks is a musical game, designed to teach note recognition and improve sight reading skills. Hungry Munchy is eager to swallow elusive blue notes. Your goal is to help Munchy catch each note as quickly as possible.
The game combines learning and fun into a single gratifying experience. The app is both educational and entertaining, with an intuitive and visually appealing interface.
NoteWorks was created for:
• Players of all ages.
• Beginners to advanced music students.
• Families with multiple players.
• Music teachers with multiple students.
Game design features include:
• A funny animated character.
• User-friendly menus.
• Superb graphics.
• Engaging sound effects.
Note reading options:
• On-screen piano keyboard input.
• "A, B, C" note naming.
• "Do, Re, Mi" note naming.
• Treble clef.
• Bass clef.
• Grand staff.
• Tenor clef.
• Alto clef.
• Students learn by playing a game and having fun.
• In practice mode, students are helped with hints.
• In challenge mode, students play for points and stars.
• Students learn to recognize notes instantly, on sight.
• The game can adjust and progress automatically for each player.
• For beginners, the game starts by teaching a limited range of notes.
• Note range gradually increases as students advance.
• After mastering accidentals, students learn key signatures.
• Game speed is easily adjusted to increase or decrease difficulty.
• Students can use custom game settings to stay in full control.
• Sharing of game progress: ability to share game results with teachers.
While music teachers persistently stress the importance of sight reading, most teachers prefer not to spend valuable lesson time on basic note recognition skills. Thus, NoteWorks helps music teachers concentrate on more interesting aspects of their art, such as technique and musicality.
Serious music students can take advantage of the game to learn clefs outside of their own instruments, as well as prepare for music theory exams. In addition, non-musicians could use NoteWorks as an interesting memory game, to help keep their minds sharp and quick.
NoteWorks was created for people who like to learn by playing and having fun. It was designed with the objective of neither being too easy nor too hard, and never boring. We hope you'll find NoteWorks both useful and entertaining, and we would greatly appreciate it if you could share your thoughts and opinions about the game by rating it.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
MIDI device connection improvements
Performance improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great for piano students!
I am a piano teacher and this is one of the better apps I have found to help my students practice their note reading.
Something I wish could be better: when just starting at Level 1, the piano keyboard is shown with many keys and octaves available (and Middle C is not centered, but instead off to the side) - I wish that for the first few levels it would “zoom in” more to the piano keys to help students focus more on just a few options as they are slowly learning (perhaps just one octave) rather than get overwhelmed by all the different piano keys in front of them. As they progress through different levels, it could “zoom out” as you learn more and more notes on the piano.
This game helps me soo much it’s better than the free one. My piano teacher recommended it for me. I just can seem to figure out how to switch how to do other chords 🙄🙄 like how can I do more than the left and right position of the C chords?? But anyways, this game really helped me and still does and my teacher is like wow that game really helped.
Fabulous concept & design
This app is so involving and fun, pesky notes are mastered quickly! Great how it advances you automatically according to your progress which helps you be brave, still with full override ability to control moving on or going back etc. to focus attention where you want.
Only suggestion I have is for note letters to appear momentarily on key presses in keyboard mode, would reinforce those associations subliminally to great advantage.
The developer, Azati Corporation, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Azati Corporation
- 23.5 MB
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Belarusian, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Azati Corporation
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.