About this game:
On Nova Island, experience 1v1 card battles like you never have before!
No matter what you’re looking for, Nova Island has the gameplay experience for you! Take on one of many single player challenges or jump right into a competitive PvP mode and climb the leaderboards. Nova Island is FREE TO PLAY and FREE TO WIN!
Battle for territory on the most uniquely energetic game board imaginable! Collect Floral, Energy, Moxie, and Boom cards; then mix & match to create your own personalized decks. Play cards to gain strength, deal damage, or disrupt your opponent in a way they’ll never see coming. Choose from a variety of Pros to strategically take advantage of the overwhelming Superpowers they bring to battle.
There’s no time to waste in pursuit of the most precious resource ever known...NOVAS. Become a Nova Researcher – download and play today!
- CLIMB THE LEADERBOARDS - Battle against players from around the world in real-time 1v1 matches
- DAILY CHALLENGES – Earn rewards by playing wild challenges with a new way to play every day
- GO ON THE ISLAND RUN – Topple a series of Trainers in this single-player mode to win the grand prize
- BUILD YOUR COLLECTION – Discover and unlock your favorite cards using Novas you collect by playing the game
- CREATE DECKS – Develop unique strategies of your very own while mixing & matching cards of different types
- CHOOSE YOUR PRO – With Max, Flora, Dr. Boom & Jack, learn new playstyles and play them all
- FREE TO WIN – All cards & Pros are unlocked with Novas - NEVER with real money
- WATCH & CHEER – Spectate matches to learn from other players or just to enjoy the fireworks!
- CHANGE THE GAME – Become part of a vibrant community that will guide the future of Nova Island
Various minor bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Incredible Strategy Game
If you like strategy games that are quick, fun, and unique, you’ll love this game. If you are just scrolling through the App Store and want to try out a new game, choose this one. I downloaded this game 2 days ago and I’ve played it everyday since. I am thoroughly enjoying this game and I suggest that you should give it a try.
Love the concept, needs improvement. (TOO MUCH RNG!)
The game is fairly fun, the main thing that sets it back a ton is the constant use of RNG. No matter how well you play, literally any match can make you lose if your unlucky.
A few better ways that I’ve thought of on how they could make the game better is by…
-Making a game mode where spaces don’t DONT use RNG to determine gaining points. For example : make each spot multiply your characters hearts by a certain amount. (Like some that multiply by 2, or 0.5, or 1, etc.) Better spaces multiply it by more and vice versa. (Games might move quicker so they might have to add you have to reach 30 points instead of 20)
- You can also add cards that increase the RNG amount on the space (these could effect both players or only you) but it helps at least have a way to GUARANTEE points.
-Another way is for every time a spot with RNG does NOT trigger, the RNG amount could slowly increase so EVENTUALLY it will HAVE to trigger. (After it triggers, it could reset to the base amount.)
I really see huge potential for this game, especially if they add more cards and professionals! Just being able to use SKILL rather then relying on things you can’t control will VERRRRY much help. If they can find I way to fix these problems I would happily rate this game 5 stars!!
The gameplay can be so infuriating sometimes. It feels like the game chooses the winner sometimes. An example from a game I just played: I’m losing with 13 points while they have 19 points but I have two cards on the %90 and %85 spots and they have two cards on the %20 and %15 spots. I could have won and honestly should have won considering the odds were very heavily in my favor yet whatever stupid algorithm this game uses caused me to lose. I have a theory that the odds are better for the higher ranked player. Sometimes I just get incredibly lucky against lower ranked players and I’ve noticed higher ranking player than me getting crazy lucky against me. Everything else in this game is amazing but the big downfall will definitely be the games algorithm.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Thirteen Games, LLC
- 325.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Thirteen Games, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.