Easily track, organize and manage the food in your home!
With lists for your freezer, fridge and pantry, you can easily check what food you have left, see what food you need to use first, plan your meals, create a shopping list, avoid unnecessary purchases, reduce food waste and save a bunch of money.
• Inventory lists for your freezer, fridge & pantry
• Scan barcodes and receipts to add food in seconds!
• Synchronize your lists across devices
• Sort your food by expiration date, name or category
• Move items items between lists
• Search and find the food you are looking for in seconds
• Add food from a library of +200 food items
• Easy video tutorials to get you going
• Upgrade to get multiple locations, an all-in-one list, print out your lists and to expand your lists from 200 to 500 items pr list
Meal planner & shopping list:
• Meal planner: Plan your meals 3 weeks ahead, save recipes and match with current inventory stock
• Shopping lists: Create a shopping lists and see current inventory stock while shopping
• Synchronize your meal plan across devices with NoWaste Pro upgrade
If you have support related questions or are in need of assistance with the app, you are welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can read more about NoWaste and find NoWaste on social medias at www.nowasteapp.com
This update connects your NoWaste app to a newer, faster and more stable database - ensuring consistent access to your food items at all time.
Ratings and Reviews
Useful, hoping for improvements
Overall this is a useful app. My main goal in downloading it and getting the pro version (very reasonable since it’s a one time cost) was to get notifications of when food is about to expire so that we don’t waste as much. For the most part this app works, but there are some glitches that hopefully will continue to get fixed with future updates. For example, once in a while when you scan the barcode, the wrong expiration date pops up. There are still other times where it doesn’t recognize the type of food, and when you try to enter it manually, it doesn’t let you put an expiration date or puts the date that you enter as the expiration date. For this to be useful, the expiration dates have to be accurate. Overall though, I’m hopeful as I do think this will help me keep better track of our food and when it’s expiring. I haven’t used the receipt feature yet but I’m hoping that will work too.
Great app! Could become very popular with some work
If you’re looking to get this app, I would go ahead! It’s really great to track all your food items.
I’ve just recently downloaded this app, and from what I can see it’s pretty great. Most of the bad reviews on here are pretty old and have been fixed already.
A few tips I have for the developers are:
- Add more categories!!! I find it a bit funny that you have a category for “Chocolate creme” (which basically means Nutella)but not for something as simple as baking ingredients or sauce. Some of the categories are a bit too specific as well, like flour. People usually don’t have multiple types of flour at once.
- Maybe make there be a way to eat some of a product but not all? For example, if I have 5 packages I could just check it off and it will move down to 4 packages or something.
Keep working on this app! I love it so far and I think it will just keep getting better!
Great idea, needs polish
My family has been using NoWaste for several weeks now. Love the idea (WANT to live the app) and the app is a great start, but it needs a lot of work.
Adding items isn't intuitive, for instance the system shows you defaults based on the last item you entered, but you have to re-enter or at least tap on each option (size, number of items, category) to set them for the current item. You have to scroll through the categories list each time, you can't search for the category. It takes the app a significant time to sync your list each time you add or remove items. Need to partner with sure database of UPC codes so that users don't have to enter details of so many items. Lots of small bugs like that around adding/moving items means that it takes WAY too long to add your new items after grocery shopping. This friction will cause many potential users to give up.
It would be nice to interface with existing shopping list apps like Anylist. Instead NoWaste offers its own inferior shopping list option. Stick with your core concept, providing access to the list of the food you have in your home.
There have been several app updates since we purchased it so at least the developer is actively working on it.
- KH Creations IVS
- 128.9 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Kasper Hjortsballe
- In-App Purchases
- NoWaste Pro $5.99
- 200 DataBoosts $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.