** nPlayer officially supports DTS (DTS HD ), DTS Headphone:X, Dolby (AC3, E-AC3).
** The 'Upgrade' In-App is just only for the users who already purchased nPlayer of the version 2.6.5 or the previous version. The first time buyer can use the full functions without any upgrade.(In-App purchase is not necessary!)
** nPlayer is the universal app. You can install it in any other iOS device without additional purchase.
** nPlayer Plus officially supports Dolby Audio codec and Dolby Sound Effect. But if you don't mind using Dolby Audio codec embedded in iOS, please update your iOS to 9.3 version or later and purchase nPlayer in the lower price.
- You don't need to convert video files to MP4 to play them in your mobile device. nPlayer enable you to play all kinds of video formats and codecs without file converting efforts.
- You don't need to store video files in your device with limited storage space. nPlayer's powerful and various network technologies will help you to stream them from remote devices.
- With your finger tip, you can adjust playback position, move to previous and next subtitle position, adjust location and font size of subtitles, control volume and brightness.
- Experience nPlayer, thousands of users recommendations.
- Supports officially DTS audio codec (DTS HD)
- Supports officially Dolby audio codec (AC3, E-AC3)
- Supports Dolby Mobile Surround Sound
- Supports iXpand Drive
- Supports Chromecast
- Supports video cast for Smart TV
- Supports HDMI output
- Supports video files : MP4, MOV, MKV, AVI, WMV, ASF, FLV, OGV, RMVB, TP etc.
- Supports audio files : MP3, WAV, WMA, FLAC, APE etc.
- Supports subtitle files : SMI, SRT, SSA, IDX, SUB, LRC, SUP, MLP2 etc.
- Supports image files : JPG, PNG, BMP, GIF, TIFF etc.
- Supports playlist files : CUE, M3U, PLS
- Supports WebDAV, FTP, SFTP, HTTP, SMB/CIFS, NFS
- Supports UPnP/DLNA (supports subtitles if DLNA server provides subtitles information.)
- Supports cloud service (Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, Yandex.Disk)
- Supports in-app web browser
- Supports iTunes video/audio play (except for DRM contents)
- Supports videos and pictures in Album
- Playback speed control : 0.5x ~ 4.0x
- Resume playback
- AB repeat(specific section repetition)
- Screen lock
- Supports HEVC/H.264/MPEG4 Hardware acceleration
- Supports 3D video mode
- Screen flip horizontally, vertically. brightness and saturation control
- Aspect ratio : Default, 1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 5:3, 16:9, 1.85:1 etc
- Supports multi-track audio
- Supports audio boost
- Supports audio sync
- Supports lyrics display
- Supports Dolby, DTS HDMI Bitstream (Passthru)
- Supports embedded subtitles
- Supports multi-track subtitles
- Supports user’s selection of subtitle files
- Supports addition of optional subtitle files while playback
- Supports subtitles font, color, shadow, outline customization
- Supports subtitles sync
- Supports external subtitle fonts
- Supports SAMI(SMI) tag
- Supports SSA/ASS with full styling, embedded subtitles
- File management : Delete, Move, Rename, Create a folder
- Playlist management : Add, Delete, Modify
- Supports recently played list
- Folder lock
- Supports Open-in
- Supports UI theme
* Gesture Features
- Tap : Menu
- Double tap : Pop-up play
- Drag horizontally : Playback position adjustment
- Drag vertically on right half of the screen : Volume control
- Drag vertically on left half of the screen : Brightness control
- Pinch on the screen : Screen size adjustment
- Drag horizontally on subtitle text : Move to previous/next subtitle text
- Drag vertically on subtitle text : Subtitle position adjustment
- Pinch on subtitle text : Subtitle font size adjustment
- Supports finger gesture customization
- Fixes compatibility issues on iOS 15
- Fixes other bugs
Ratings and Reviews
Wish there was a feature to forcefully delete a folder/file
I love this app. It’s amazing. You can get subtitles, brightness in left and volume in right, you can change the colors and all that beautiful stuff. What I’m having a problem is when I’m trying to delete a folder and it won’t let me. It says delete but it never deletes. I tried many File Managers on my PC and doesn’t work. Even iTunes can’t delete it. I used to have a hacked iPhone so it made my life easier and could erase anything easily.
Please add a feature to cause a “erase all” in case a problem appears and a way to access what I have on this device on my PC so I can add movies/stuff from the internet!
Horrible customer support
I bought this app a few years back, because it was the only one that seemed to let me access my music collection through the Internet. All these years I have been trying to do just that. A couple of times their support did answer, without any results. I’ve changed several routers and NAS servers in the meantime, thinking that one of them might be the reason for my inability to use the app for the purpose I bought it. Now I have the latest and greatest NAS and router. Everything works on my network. Everything works with my Internet. I still cannot use this as an Internet music player. I sent them emails through their website, send them messages through their app. I never, never received any answers. They don’t give a crap about their customers. I will look for another app that does this, and I strongly encourage whomever is reading this to do the same because now the App Store atmosphere is a lot richer then back in the day when I bought this. Do not waste your time!
Developers Attention! BUG Report
I’m glad that your team have added new functions that allow us connect to a third monitor, play videos on the connected screen WHILE the iPad is SCREEN OFF.
1, I found a BUG that the external subtitles (the included subtitles also) don’t show up at all when the video is playing on the connected screen while the iPad is screen off (I have tested the internal subtitles and external ones, I have tested different subtitle formats, the bug still exist.)
2, Another bug I found that the font size of the subtitles on the connected screen don’t scale properly. I mean the font size are seemly fixed, it doesn’t scale to the connected screen size (I remembered that the subtitle scale on the connected screen works just fine, it’s two or three versions backwards I suppose).
Really appreciate your hardworking on this amazing app. Hope you could fix those two bugs in time.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Newin Inc.
- 103.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Arabic, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © Newin Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade (ONLY FOR 2.x VERSION USERS) $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.