Don't miss your airport! Designed for pilots of any size aircraft, this app provides you with bearing and vertical speed required to nearby airports. The following information is shown for destinations:
• Distance from current location
• Field Elevation
• Descent rate required
• Time to Top of Descent (TOD)
• Glide distance delta
Additionally your current speed, course, altitude and vertical speed are displayed. Tapping on the information button, Time to TOD or Target Altitude allows you to customize the desired descent rate.
All data is updated in real time as you fly. You may choose a nearby airport or select an airport by identifier by scrolling down on the airport list. Filter by runway length and surface type and choose any of the following: airports, seaplane bases, heliports, balloon ports and closed airports.
You may optionally provide a glide ratio for your aircraft. The glide distance long or short of the selected airport is then displayed and is conveniently color coded. A positive, green glide delta indicates the glide distance has been estimated to exceed the distance to the airport with a 25% safety margin.
Runway headings, if known, are used to draw runways on the heading indicator. If the magenta arrow is pointed straight up and aligned with a runway then you are headed straight in.
Worldwide airport information is provided by multiple sources. Canada, Europe and all continents are covered! For more information go to ourairports.com/world.html. Database updates are performed daily.
Your location and altitude is provided by your device's location services. If location or altitude is not available that information will not be displayed however you can still search for an airport by identifier. Unfortunately external GPS devices are generally NOT compatible.
You must be moving for course information and the magenta relative bearing arrow to be displayed.
The Watch app has many of the same features and fits on your wrist. See distances to nearby airports or bearing to a selected airport. Frequencies and runway lengths can be seen with a swipe. A green glide icon or delta indicates glideability is likely.
Just like the iPhone and iPad app, the Watch app requires GPS information to locate nearby airports and relative bearing. Additionally, altitude is needed to calculate descent rates. All watch versions are supported. Watch 1 requires an iPhone for GPS signal however a Watch 2 has it's own GPS.
Feedback and feature requests are appreciated. Thanks!
Subscription Fine Print
- 1 month FREE trial
- Database Subscription or Apple Watch Subscription is required for new users
- The subscription is for 1 year and updated data is available daily
- The annual subscription is $11.99/year or $17.99/year for Watch
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
• Increased maximum target altitude
• Updates for iOS 14
Ratings and Reviews
Great backup plan for your EFB
My CFI got me completely lost, even changed the heading indicator with the purpose of finding my way using the app, sure enough the app put me on top of the nearest airport.
I Love This App
I really like app much better than Xavion. Xavion has been tweaked to death and also wants $9.95 per month to keep it working.
Update after a year of use; I absolutely love this app. I have it running on a mini iPad mounted on the post between my windscreen and the pilot’s window. Both safety and convenience are enhanced by it use. As soon as I get close enough to my landing airport I will activate that airport and then go back to the "Nearest Airport" (Just in case). It will tell you the pattern altitude and also give you the time to start your decent at whatever decent rate you have programmed into it. It has never given any trouble at all and works well (mounted in that window) with only the iPad’s GPS. One of my more useful aviation apps. Update after over 100 hours airtime with this app; NRST has worked perfect and never given a minute of problems. I especially like the “TOD” feature that tells me when it’s time to start my decent. I normally fly from 6,000 to 9,000 feet and like not having to calculate my time to descend. I’ve noticed a couple of 1 Star ratings and do not have a clue as to why. Great aviation app.
Great app for situational awareness
Bought this app last week and did a cross country flight. Compared the reading to my Garmin 430W and were the same. Great app for situational awareness and gives TOD to the airports. I had a question and emailed the developer and was back to me very quick.
If you fly cross country and not familiar with all the location of the airports this is something you should have.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Toonsy Net
- 49.3 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2014-2020 Toonsy Net
- In-App Purchases
- Device and Watch $17.99
- Device Only $11.99
- Early Adopter Device Subscription $0.99
- Early Adopter Device and Watch Bronze $1.99