Real-time departure times in your menu bar. NudgeMe uses the NextBus satellite system to keep you on schedule even if your train or bus isn’t.
NudgeMe supports the MUNI and UCSF bus lines in San Francisco, in addition to Dumbarton Express, AC Transit and Emery-Go-Round in the Bay Area.
* Live Bus Data, powered by NextBus.
NudgeMe gets live GPS data from the buses so when our menu bar timer says your bus is 5min away, it's 5min away.
* NudgeMe stays out of your way:
- Every bus stop is assigned a schedule: if you typically leave your office between 5:30pm and 7:30pm Monday through Friday, NudgeMe will keep quiet outside of these hours.
- Having a day off site? NudgeMe keeps quiet when you are far away from your bus stop.
- Small memory footprint, so your computer won't even notice.
* Flexible enough to accomodate your unique situation
- You just want a quick glance at the ETA for nearby bus stops because you are leaving outside of your normal schedule? Click the bus icon, it's all right there in the menu dropdown.
- Multiple bus stops servicing your location? NudgeMe will automatically show the bus stop that minimizes your wait time.
- Need extra time to pack before heading out to the bus stop? Bump up the 'time to pack' in your settings.
- By default the timer shows the time left until the bus leaves your bus stop, but if you'd rather know how much time you have until you need to head out, it's all there in the settings panel.
- NudgeMe's location-based travel time doesn't suit you because you know a shortcut to the bus stop? You can override the travel time for every bus stop if you wish.A)
Fix / enhancement
The app will now sync the bus route index every time it is started so you are always up to date
(This will automatically fix a bug that took place early February, which caused muni bus predictions to go missing)
Ratings and Reviews
Great time saver…saves my sanity too
It's awesome that I have my bus updates right there in my status bar, and I love the care that was given to make the app both non-intrusive (it'll keep silent outside of your commute hours, or if you're travelling), and adjustable to my needs: I am a fast packer, just need to close my laptop and I am ready to go, so I set my packing time to just 1min and it works perfect for me.
The best part is, 95% of the time I can see my bus less than 2 blocks away as I reach my bus stop . Zero wait…priceless!
Sorting lines is an issue
It accurately gives you time to the next buses, but the menu bar times are inscrutable. If you have more than one line you're tracking, the line that shows keeps shifting. Not sure why you can't make that static. Confusing.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.