Number Line helps students visualize number sequences and demonstrate strategies for counting, comparing, adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing. Choose number lines labelled with whole numbers, fractions, decimals, or negative numbers. Or use a blank number line, with or without tick marks.
Describe intervals between points on the line using forward or backward jumps above and below the line. Jumps can also be labelled with their values or left blank. Add custom tick marks to the number line to show equivalence or compare number values. Show strategies with drawing and annotation tools.
Hide elements of the sequence shown on the number line, which challenges students to use what they know about number relationships and computation to identify those missing elements.
This virtual number line is an open-ended educational tool, ideal for elementary classrooms and other learning environments that use iPads.
For more Number Line resources and other apps, visit:
• Mark the number line with multiples of whole numbers, fractions, or decimals. In addition, hide or display negative values.
• Use the Go To feature to move to locations on the number line beyond the scrolling limits.
• Add and manipulate forward and backward jumps, above or below the line.
• Label jump bars, automatically or manually, to show intervals or hide labels altogether.
• Add custom tick marks and values to the blank number lines.
• Hide and reveal numbers on the number line.
• Use the drawing tools to annotate work and show understanding.
• Write equations and expressions with the text tool, including stacked fractions.
To learn about Bridges in Mathematics, an elementary curriculum that employs visual models like the number line, visit:
This resource is brought to you by The Math Learning Center, a nonprofit organization dedicated to K-12 education since 1976. Number Line was made possible by a generous donation from Dr. David Moursund.
This app was crafted by Clarity Innovations. We help improve teaching and learning by creating solutions that match promising technologies with the needs of education.
Visit us: www.clarity-innovations.com
More symbols added to the math text tool for writing equations and expressions.
Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is fantastic, but adding negative numbers to the number line would make it 5 star.
Very useful math tool
This app is a great tool we use for homeschool. I like that you can choose the numbers shown on the number line: whole numbers, even, odd, tens. Since the other reviews, negative numbers have been added. Easy to use, free with no ads! Can be used with any math curriculum.
Love this app!
As a middle school math teacher, I love the versatility this app offers with the option of fractions, decimals and...drumroll...negative numbers! Thank you for creating an easy-to-use app that will transform my classroom! Even though we’re not 1:1, I can see myself using this for small groups.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.