Number Rack facilitates the natural development of children’s number sense. The movable, colored beads encourage learners to think in groups of fives and tens, helping them to explore and discover a variety of addition and subtraction strategies. This virtual version of the manipulative is an open-ended educational tool, ideal for elementary classrooms and other learning environments.
• Display 1 to 10 rows of beads, 10 beads per row.
• Hide beads with resizable covers, which allows teachers or learners to model subtraction or difference problems.
• Reverse the colors of rows 6 to 10 to distinguish (or not) groupings of 25 beads.
• Use the drawing tools to annotate work and show understanding.
• Add equations, expressions, and descriptions with the math text and writing tools.
• Share work by saving an image or providing a share code to others. Great for creating the initial setup of an activity, then sharing it with students so they can explore it further.
New features in Version 3:
• Share your work by saving an image or url, or providing a sharing code to others. Great for creating the initial setup of an activity, then sharing it with students so they can explore it further.
• Enter text directly from your keyboard with the new writing tool. Add labels, descriptions, or instructional text to your work.
• More easily edit equations and other math text using a traditional text field.
• Drawings on the workspace stay visible when the drawing palette is closed.
• Hide and reveal jumps, numbers, and other elements with multiple resizable covers.
Version 3.0.2 includes a number of improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.