Create impressive spreadsheets
Numbers is the most innovative spreadsheet app ever designed for a mobile device.
Get started with one of over 30 Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator, and more. Choose from over 250 powerful functions. Draw and write with Apple Pencil on supported devices, or use your finger. Tap to add tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. Animate your data with interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts. Easily filter through large tables. Find patterns and trends using pivot tables.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a spreadsheet at the same time on Mac, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch—even on a PC
• Share your spreadsheet publicly or with specific people, see who’s currently in the spreadsheet with you, and view other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on spreadsheets stored in iCloud or in Box
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Place tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Add and resize multiple tables on a single sheet
• Insert photos, music, and video with the Media Browser
• Enhance your spreadsheets with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Create a form to quickly enter data on the go
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, Comma Separated Values (CSV), and tab-delimited text
Formulas for everyone
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions, including XLOOKUP and RegEx
• Get function suggestions as soon as you start typing a formula
• Search the integrated function browser for built-in help and sample formulas
• Easily add stock information to spreadsheets
Everything adds up. Beautifully
• Use Pivot Tables and Smart Categories to see your data in a whole new way
• Quickly organize and summarize tables to gain new insights
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts, including bar, column, line, area, pie, donut, and radar charts
• Animate data with interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Automatically highlight cells based on rules for numbers, text, dates, and durations
• Easily filter through large tables for specific values, text, or duplicate entries
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, checkboxes, pop-ups, and star ratings
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com
• Numbers automatically saves your spreadsheet as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF, and Microsoft Excel
• Use AirDrop to send your spreadsheet to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
This update contains bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Have Numbers version 12.2.1 on my 2017 iPad Pro, and latest release of iPadOS. I have my various spreadsheets in folders. At least 80% of the time, and possibly 90%, when I highlight and tap a spreadsheet name to change it, the on-screen keyboard will not display. I’ve tried everything from exiting the app and re-opening it, to doing a complete shutdown of the iPad. Nothing works. I am always surprised on the very rare occasion when it just works properly. No amount of tapping on the label, highlighting it, etc seems to work. I’ve had to resort to opening another app, typing and copying the new text, then doing a “paste” operation to change the label. Unfortunately Numbers seems to take a back seat when it comes to any useful updates to functionality, but I’d be happy if it were simply bug free. I’m amazed and disappointed that a more powerful version of Numbers hasn’t been released for the M1 & M2 iPads, which have more than enough processing power and memory to run the Mac version. So, for me at least, no reason to upgrade my iPad. Instead of “It just works”, it should be “It mostly works most of the time”.
This is my “go to” app
I love this app! My primary uses are for a monthly budget and a daily complex TV schedule (2 households, multiple recordings, 4 DVRs+). I would love to see the following three features added: (1) the ability to click/tap on an image (or just several merged cells containing text) and pop-up a larger version of the image/merged cells**. (2) the ability to use multiple merged cells to hand write notes using the Apple Pencil (varying nib sizes, move the merged notes around and/or cut/delete like any other cell or merged cells). (3) the ability to insert a moveable and removable window (either set or expandable size, like 4 cells wide and high to 6 cells, or more, wide and high) that would accept animated GIFs and/or video clips. Features 1 and 2 are features I could use immediately. UPDATE: Feature request 3 was added in the latest update. I have a new feature request... the ability to see the history of shared access, like number of visits and date of at least the most-recent visit.
**This would really help my friend (with poor near-vision) read the individual blocks of information on the TV schedule.
Creating or moving groups a problem
I used a black blank template. An Apple tech support creative adviser confirms the app does not allow me to create a group (insert) between created groups. The tech also confirms that my iPad has the latest updates and the Numbers app I used is the most updated version. What actually happens, is the app seems to randomly choose the location of the newly created group (either below the last group or somewhere in between groups not chosen by me. The tech agreed that the app shouldn’t do that but would not confirm if that is “normal” for this app. The tech could not resolve this issue. I welcome any instructions on how to do this task for I’ve yet to learn how to do create an “inserted group” at a desired location. The best I can do is drag that group and move it to my desired location. I will change rating of this app as I learn its limits.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- 521.5 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2010 - 2022 Apple Inc.