Numbers is the most innovative spreadsheet app ever designed for a mobile device.
Get started with one of over 30 Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator, and more. Choose from hundreds of powerful functions. Draw and write with Apple Pencil on supported devices, or use your finger. Tap to add tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the flexible canvas. Touch and drag your finger to reorder columns and rows and to resize tables. Double-tap a cell to bring up the intelligent keyboard that helps you enter text, formulas, dates and times, or duration. Animate your data with interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts. Easily filter through large tables. Find patterns and trends using pivot tables.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a spreadsheet at the same time on Mac, iPad, iPhone, and even on a PC
• Share your spreadsheet publicly or with specific people, see who’s currently in the document with you, and view other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• See a list of recent changes in collaborative spreadsheets, including when people join, comment, and make edits
• Available for spreadsheets stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Get quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
• Import and edit Comma Separated Values (CSV) and tab-delimited text
• Quickly open password-protected spreadsheets using Touch ID or Face ID on supported devices
• Place tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the flexible canvas
• Add and resize multiple tables on a single sheet
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Add an interactive image gallery to view a collection of photos
• Insert photos, music, and video with the Media Browser
• Enhance your spreadsheets with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Create a form to quickly enter data on the go
Formulas for everyone
• Choose from hundreds of powerful functions, including XLOOKUP and RegEx
• Get function suggestions as soon as you start typing a formula
• Search the integrated function browser for built-in help and sample formulas
• Easily add stock information to spreadsheets
Everything adds up beautifully
• Use Pivot Tables and Smart Categories to see your data in a whole new way
• Quickly organize and summarize tables to gain new insights
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts, including bar, column, line, area, pie, donut, and radar charts
• Animate data with interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Automatically highlight cells based on rules for numbers, text, dates, and durations
• Easily filter through large tables for specific values, text, or duplicate entries
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, checkboxes, pop-ups, and star ratings
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, and from a Mac or PC browser at iCloud.com
• Numbers automatically saves your spreadsheet as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, TSV, PDF, and Microsoft Excel
• Use AirDrop to send your spreadsheet to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail or Messages
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
• Bring new dimension to your spreadsheets with 3D objects in USDZ format
• Make your spreadsheets more expressive by adding Stickers*
• See inline predictions for text as you type*
• Easily begin collaborating on a spreadsheet with others while on a FaceTime call*
• Find and open suggested spreadsheets when searching for Numbers with Spotlight*
• Drag documents to the Numbers icon on your Home Screen to open or import them*
• Remove external borders on charts imported from Microsoft Office files
* Requires iOS 17 or iPadOS 17 and later
Ratings and Reviews
This is my “go to” app
I love this app! My primary uses are for a monthly budget and a daily complex TV schedule (2 households, multiple recordings, 4 DVRs+). I would love to see the following three features added: (1) the ability to click/tap on an image (or just several merged cells containing text) and pop-up a larger version of the image/merged cells**. (2) the ability to use multiple merged cells to hand write notes using the Apple Pencil (varying nib sizes, move the merged notes around and/or cut/delete like any other cell or merged cells). (3) the ability to insert a moveable and removable window (either set or expandable size, like 4 cells wide and high to 6 cells, or more, wide and high) that would accept animated GIFs and/or video clips. Features 1 and 2 are features I could use immediately. UPDATE: Feature request 3 was added in the latest update. I have a new feature request... the ability to see the history of shared access, like number of visits and date of at least the most-recent visit.
**This would really help my friend (with poor near-vision) read the individual blocks of information on the TV schedule.
Different than Excel but really great
While Numbers doesn’t offer every option I use in Excel, it works differently. It’s like speaking a different but related language. For almost all home use cases, it is more intuitive and just more fun to use.
For example, I’ve created a database to track minutes of exercise each day over 5 different activities, and display this on a bar chart. It was incredibly quick and easy easy to create an attractive and simple chart. What I couldn’t figure out was how to superimpose a line chart for my weight using a different Y-axis.
Most but not all formulas in Excel have their equivalents in Numbers. After surgery, I used numbers to document my fluid input and output to show the residents they needed to make an adjustment in my medication. They were impressed and I remain amazed I did this in my iPhone in my hospital bed. What is most telling is that I chose Numbers for all my home spreadsheet uses.
Have Numbers version 12.2.1 on my 2017 iPad Pro, and latest release of iPadOS. I have my various spreadsheets in folders. At least 80% of the time, and possibly 90%, when I highlight and tap a spreadsheet name to change it, the on-screen keyboard will not display. I’ve tried everything from exiting the app and re-opening it, to doing a complete shutdown of the iPad. Nothing works. I am always surprised on the very rare occasion when it just works properly. No amount of tapping on the label, highlighting it, etc seems to work. I’ve had to resort to opening another app, typing and copying the new text, then doing a “paste” operation to change the label. Unfortunately Numbers seems to take a back seat when it comes to any useful updates to functionality, but I’d be happy if it were simply bug free. I’m amazed and disappointed that a more powerful version of Numbers hasn’t been released for the M1 & M2 iPads, which have more than enough processing power and memory to run the Mac version. So, for me at least, no reason to upgrade my iPad. Instead of “It just works”, it should be “It mostly works most of the time”.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- 514.9 MB
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2010 - 2023 Apple Inc.