Numbers is the most innovative spreadsheet app ever designed for a mobile device. Created exclusively for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, Numbers includes support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom so you can create powerful spreadsheets using just your fingers.
Start with one of over 30 Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator, and more. Choose from over 250 powerful functions. Draw and write with Apple Pencil on supported devices, or use your finger. Tap to add tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. Touch and drag your finger to reorder columns and rows and to resize tables. Double-tap a cell to bring up the intelligent keyboard that helps you enter text, formulas, dates and times, or duration. Animate your data with interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts. And with an all-new calculation engine, Numbers is faster than ever before.
With iCloud built in, your spreadsheets are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a spreadsheet at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Numbers on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Numbers for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on spreadsheets stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Double-tap a cell to access the intelligent keyboard to add text, formulas, dates and times, and more
• New action menu keeps most common tasks one tap away
• Reorder columns and rows, and resize tables, with a touch and a drag
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel and CSV files using Mail, a WebDAV service, or iTunes File Sharing
• Quickly open password-protected spreadsheets using Touch ID or Face ID on supported devices
• Place tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Update tables, charts, text, and images using beautiful preset styles
• Use donut charts to visualize data in an engaging new way
• Add an interactive image gallery to view a collection of photos
• Insert photos and video with the Media Browser
• Enhance your spreadsheets with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Create a form to quickly enter data on the go
Everything adds up. Beautifully
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions
• Get built-in help and sample formulas for each function
• Use Smart Categories to see your data in a whole new way
• Quickly organize and summarize tables to gain new insights
• Sort columns in ascending or descending order
• Hide or unhide rows and columns
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, checkboxes, pop-ups, and star ratings
• Easily add stock information to spreadsheets
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your spreadsheets from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Numbers for iCloud
• Numbers automatically saves your spreadsheets as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your spreadsheet to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF, and Microsoft Excel
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
This update contains stability and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Bug in 4.2 (now fixed)
Had an excel file that worked fine and opened in all previous versions prior to 4.2. I updated to the newest version and now my file will no longer open in it. It makes the spin icon as if it wants to load but does not. If the developer reads the reviews, please look into this issue. The file in question was made with an older Microsoft office (excel) 2002.
I wrote this review a few days back. I tried something tonight and it seems to work though the app still might have a bug:
I uninstalled it fully from my iPhone (iPhone SE). This also deleted my file (which is fine). I then reinstalled the program and using my computer, transferred the excel file back into Numbers. Now in Numbers when I clicked on my file it takes a good couple seconds (previous versions loaded right up) but it then tells me that a font (Cambria) is not present and that my list might look different. Issue here is my list was in Ariel not Cambria, and as mentioned before previous versions opened it. At any rate I clicked “ok” to this and now it offered a slightly smaller in size duplicate file under my original one in the selection screen. I click the newer file and in a few seconds this opens up and works fine in the program. So clearly we still have a small bug in the program, but I found a good work around for it.
useless. loss of once great features.
I thought it was just me not understanding how to enter dates and durations as easily as I did in previous versions. But I'm not the only one who's frustrated and bewildered that Apple did away with the data entry keyboards based on cell format type. It used to be incredibly easy, and fun to use. Now it's not worth my time. Enter dates using querty keyboard instead of just tapping?! Forget it. I still can't figure out how to enter durations. After struggling to use the Help guide, I finally see how to format the cells to take the data, I just can't actually enter the data in an easy, quick manner. And the input forms don't match all the columns in the table, mysteriously skipping over columns formatted with pop up menus. They show up, but are skipped when hitting return, so I can't enter data unless I go back and click on that particular field, out of order. The pop up selections are indeed there, I just don't know why it doesn't cycle through. yeah, this isn't working for me. Apple loves to tinker and ruin things. Do they have that much time on their hands? Cuz I don't, so I won't be using this.
Pencil needs a toggle switch
UPDATE: Just noticed that Microsoft Excel for iPad has a toggle switch in the iPad app settings to turn the Apple Pencil always draw feature off. Come on Apple, please up your game. I like to brag about how much better you are than Microsoft, yet they are clearly beating you on this one (and with your own Pencil feature at that). Downgrading my 3 star rating to a 1 star rating until you fix his issue. Please do so quickly.
ORIGINAL: For the most part, I love numbers. I use it daily. It has worked great for my purposes. But with the last update, they added the ability to draw on the spreadsheet with Apple Pencil. Nice feature but there is no ability to turn it off and use the pencil as I have been (to click and highlight/drag cells, etc.)
Now everytime the tip of my pencil touches the sheet it draws a line. I hate that. With my iPad Pro, the pencil gave me the reach to get cells in the middle of the screen without slowing me down. Please add a toggle switch to switch between draw mode and the old functionality and I will be back to 5 stars.
I used pencil the most with numbers and now I can’t use it at all.
- Apple Inc.
- 500.5 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2010 - 2019 Apple Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.