Numbuko is a colourful and creative way for children to explore number patterns. Informed by research at the University of Edinburgh, UK, Numbuko squares are like many colour rods used in mathematics, but can magically change colour according to the number attached, giving children interactive feedback. Unlike ‘drill and practice’ apps, Numbuko lets children explore number relationships, such as addition, subtraction, fractions, odd and even, and tens and units.
• Explore fundamental maths concepts for numbers 1-99
• Build and share creative patterns
• Add/Remove colour - Encourage predictions
• Add/Remove division lines between squares - Encourage/Discourage counting
• Save configurations
• Share configurations through Airplay - Create and share challenges
• Add text - Create and share challenges
• Find out about the background research
Numbuko aims for children to freely explore independently and learn through talk with an adult. For activity cards to use with Numbuko, see http://numbuko.com/buy-puzzle-cards/
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.