Introducing Numerical Physics PRO (aka Real Physics V2.0)...
... the world's most powerful and intuitive touch-based physics simulator.
Please read the following carefully to distinguish this from the free 'Numerical Physics', and the older 'Real Physics' apps.
This professional version unlocks all of the in-app purchases of the regular 'Numerical Physics' app at a substantial discount (~50% in USD). Thus you have immediate access to:
· Advanced Graphing and Data Export: create property vs property, multi-body, and multiple graphs, and export numerical data to apps like spreadsheets;
· Custom Forces and Constraint Curves: create essentially arbitrary position, velocity or time dependent external and interbody forces, and create user-defined ‘non-straight’ constraint curves and surfaces;
· Halter-Solver: specify a 'halting condition' on any physical property of a body that can be graphed: this means that 'Numerical Physics' can be used to numerically solve a wide range of problems commonly encountered in high school through second year University mechanics.
· Multibody and Tension Constraint Solver: create an arbitrary number of bodies (>2), and subject them to as many constraints as is physically consistent. Use it to create powerful simulations of Lagrangian mechanics constrained problems.
And of course, Numerical Physics PRO has no ads, and is iOS 9 ready.
The Pro version also includes a fourth tutorial (sliding off a sphere) to introduce some of these advanced features in the context of a famous and interesting problem.
Relative to my older legacy 'Real Physics' and 'Real Physics for iPad' apps, Numerical Physics PRO NEW features include:
· a complete, future-extensible tutorial system: learn physics as you how to use the app;
· a ‘labeled free-body diagram’ view: see, edit, graph and delete your forces right from the FBD;
· an all new UI that gets out of your way and maximizes screen real estate while keeping all features no more than two steps away;
· an all new custom high accuracy, high performance physics engine (10x faster, even higher accuracy);
· an all new OpenGL based graphics engine (100x faster, at a glorious 60 frames/sec even on older hardware);
· server-based examples: so I can post new examples without having to go through an app update;
· universal app design: a single app runs on iPhones of all screen sizes and iPads;
Note for teachers:
· Numerical Physics PRO in conjunction with an Apple TV (or other AirPlay enabled device) and a projector allows you to build simulations in real-time or in advance and bring physics concepts and problems alive in your classroom.
Please see the regular 'Numerical Physics' app description for further details. Here is the capsule summary:
Numerical Physics (PRO) is a touch-based, explicitly numerical, real-time, *point-particle* simulator of Newtonian mechanics in two dimensions for iOS devices, built around a custom physics engine. It can model, animate and numerically solve with high accuracy a wide class of high school and University mechanics problems you set up yourself using its direct, intuitive touch interface and its open-world 'sandbox' design.
Numerical Physics can easily model complex systems numerically that cannot be analytically solved with its choice of five different numerical integrators, time-step, frame rate, and simulation rate control.
• All new Metal based graphics engine (yielding ~300% increase in graphics performance over OpenGL tested on A8X, A10 and A12) -- however, you can still choose between Metal and OpenGL rendering for legacy compatibility! Swap renderers, enable/disable antialiasing on the fly.
• On iPads, major new landscape graphing feature (in either a dedicated tray like in portrait mode, or as a new overlay mode)... visualize up to six graphs at a time (used for remote lecture demo recording right on the iPad).
• bug-fixes and small quality of life improvements (e.g. graphing improvements, physics engine tweaks)
• updated for iOS 13.
(Note: if you encounter the occasional micro-stuttering with either graphics engine, please let me know the circumstances. If the rendering is not perfectly smooth at 60 fps, rewinding the simulation and re-evolving usually solves it.)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Kirk Kaminsky
- 3.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2020 Kirk Kaminsky
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.