Partition between clues with walls to create islands with corresponding size! Each puzzle consists of a grid containing clues in various places. The object is to create islands by partitioning between clues with walls so that the number of squares in each island is equal to the value of the clue, all walls form a continuous path and there are no wall areas of 2x2 or larger. Each island must contain one clue and be isolated from other islands horizontally and vertically.
Nurikabe are addictive island-forming puzzles which were invented in Japan. Using pure logic and requiring no math to solve, these fascinating puzzles offer endless fun and intellectual entertainment to puzzle fans of all skills and ages.
The game features a highlighting option to help see if a wall segment is about to become isolated, and an island size counter to view how many squares belong to an island.
To help see the puzzle progress, graphic previews in the puzzle list show the progress of all puzzles in a volume as they are being solved. A Gallery view option provides these previews in a larger format.
For more fun, Conceptis Nurikabe includes a Weekly Bonus section providing an extra free puzzle each week.
• 90 free Nurikabe puzzles
• 30 extra-large puzzles bonus for iPad only
• Extra bonus puzzle published free each week
• Multiple difficulty levels from very easy to extremely hard
• Puzzle library continuously updates with new content
• Manually selected, top quality puzzles
• Unique solution for each puzzle
• Hours of intellectual challenge and fun
• Sharpens logic and improves cognitive skills
• Unlimited check puzzle
• Unlimited Undo and Redo
• Highlight wall segments
• Show island size counter
• Concurrently playing and saving multiple puzzles
• Puzzle filtering, sorting and archiving options
• Dark Mode support
• Graphic previews showing puzzles progress as they are being solved
• Portrait and landscape screen support (iPad only)
• Track puzzle solving times
• Backup & restore puzzle progress to iCloud
Nurikabe have also become popular under other names such as Islands in the Stream and Cell Structure. Similar to Sudoku, Kakuro and Hashi, the puzzles are solved using logic alone. All puzzles in this app are produced by Conceptis Ltd. - the leading supplier of logic puzzles to printed and electronic gaming media all over the world. On average, more than 20 million Conceptis puzzles are solved each day in newspapers, magazines, books and online as well as on smartphones and tablets across the world.
This is a major update introducing a new architecture, features and improvements:
• Puzzle packs are now split into 2 sections: Library, showing the free and purchased puzzle packs you can play, and Shop, showing the puzzle packs you can buy.
• Added powerful filtering options by difficulty, size, and price. You can now find your favorite puzzles easily and fast!
• Improved sorting options and added a ‘recent on top’. You can now easily find the last puzzles you were working on.
• Added previous/next navigation buttons to the completed puzzle screen. You can now start solving the next puzzle with a single tap of a button.
• Added a wishlist option in the Shop section. You can now mark the favorite puzzle packs you would like to buy in the future and view them in the wish list section.
• Added an archiving option in the Library section. You can now archive completed puzzle packs if you no longer want to see them in the Library list.
• Added automatic restoring purchases when re-installing the app.
• Added automatic refreshing to the puzzle pack list in the Shop section. New packs will now automatically show when they are released.
• Added Dark Mode support
Ratings and Reviews
In general I like the conceptis model: no ads, a bunch of starter puzzles for free, more puzzles for sale in paces for small amounts of money. (Kinda like buying a small book of puzzles.) You’re not going to spend way more than you intended to by mistake. And if you don’t actually like the puzzles, or don’t mind switching between several different puzzle apps, you don’t have to buy any at all.
Anyways, this is one of my favorites. The puzzles are very engaging and there’s a wide range of difficulty levels.
Just like this company’s other offerings, this puzzle game is spectacularly-implemented and rich with content! I especially appreciate the weekly puzzles. My only complaint (which is very minor) is that all of the company’s offerings seem to synchronize the weekly puzzle difficulty level, so on a week that is designated “very easy,” all of them are very easy, and so I have no challenge.
One thing I love about Conceptis puzzles is the "check" button. I do these puzzles to relax at the end of the day, and being able to click the "check" button and have it say that there are no errors is very reassuring, especially after difficult days.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Conceptis Ltd.
- 16 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Conceptis Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Medium Variety 1 $1.99
- Hard Variety 1 $1.99
- Easy Variety 1 $1.99
- Medium Variety 2 $1.99
- Big & Medium 1 $1.99
- Hard Variety 2 $1.99
- Big & Tough 1 $1.99
- Hard Snacks 1 $0.99
- Big Challenges 1 $1.99
- Medium Snacks 1 $0.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.