Nursing Dictionary by Farlex is a medical dictionary app specifically for nurses. Get free, instant access to more than 56,000 medical terms, 4,000 entries on medications, and 9,000 images, all from authoritative sources, including McGraw-Hill, Houghton Mifflin, Gale, Elsevier, and more.
Whether you're a nurse, nursing student, or looking to learn more about healthcare and treatment, this free nursing dictionary app can help you find clear, in-depth definitions of medical terminology right on your iPhone or iPad. Search across multiple disciplines in more than a dozen medical dictionary and encyclopedia sources, including entries on:
Drug facts and interactions
Tests and procedures
The five-step nursing process
Medical research topics
+ much more…
* Search 56,000+ medical terms and definitions from multiple authoritative sources you won't find anywhere else—all in one app.
* Get in-depth info on more than 4,000 prescription medications and over-the-counter medicines in the comprehensive drug guide.
* Browse thousands of medical abbreviations and acronyms.
* Save unlimited bookmarks and quickly view the terms you need to access fast.
* Use native voice search to look up a word just by saying it. (With supported devices)
* See search suggestions as you type and always find what you're looking for.
* View your recent searches.
* Perform advanced searches, including "Starts with," "Ends with," "Contains," and "Wildcard."
* Listen to 27,000+ audio pronunciations for both American and British speakers.
* Share definitions via social networks, email, and text. (With supported devices)
User-friendly, comprehensive, and authoritative: Nursing Dictionary by Farlex is the perfect free nursing app for nurses, nursing students, and anyone curious about the medical field. This is NOT a preview or a trial version, and there is no "locked" content. Open the app on your iPhone or iPad and immediately access all content — no subscriptions required!
How do we do it?
TheFreeDictionary.com - Farlex apps have been downloaded tens of millions times across multiple platforms, with top ratings after hundreds of thousands of reviews. We work with the best publishers to bring together trusted content in the most comprehensive, authoritative dictionary apps on the market. Our flagship app is The Free Dictionary (TFD), powered by TheFreeDictionary.com. Find our other apps by searching "Dictionary by Farlex" in the App Store.
* Optimization for iOS 14
Ratings and Reviews
Great quick go to app
It is easy to access.. gives you a lot of definition when there are multiple sources. Also, some has pictures included on the definition which helps a lot. Saves me time by looking in the app instead of the thick medical dictionary book i have.
10 years out of date
There are at least 3 major issues with this app.
1) It is incomplete, missing many medical terms. Google is a better app!
2) It is unnecessarily difficult to use. For example, if one searches “wound care”, instead of being directed to a definition of wound care, one is taken to a list of every type of care. Then one has to scroll and scroll and scroll to get to the very bottom of a very long list of types of care.
3) It is woefully out of date. I came across one entry (fibromyalgia) that hadn’t been updated since 2009. This was immediately evident because the diagnostic criteria for this syndrome changed in 2010. Thus anyone using the app will be misinformed
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. It is possible that our source will update their entry in the future, in which case we will display the updated information.
Great for nursing school
This app is a great tool to use for nursing school. Although it doesn't appear to be referenced from text book affiliated info, it's pretty much the same thing you'd get by googling meds, diseases etc. but organized into one place. And be honest we all do it. Read your text books! Use this on the fly.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Farlex, Inc.
- 57.3 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 Farlex, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Ad-free upgrade $0.99