The Nutrient App was developed through the Global Water Futures Project (GWF) with the support of Environment and Climate Change Canada. It is a tool to support the reduction of nutrient export to rivers and lakes by engaging the community (including citizens, farmers and water quality managers) in real-time water quality monitoring in aquatic freshwater systems. The mobile app instantaneously quantifies results from cheap commercially available nitrate and phosphate test kits. It can be used to monitor the quality of water in wells, streams, wetlands and lakes. By identifying possible sources and hotspots of contamination, it will empower users to take remedial action. The measurements are geo-referenced and can be uploaded to a server managed by the GWF’s data management team at the University of Saskatchewan. The results will be displayed in a map viewed through the app or downloaded through a web browser for further analysis.
• Enhances the potential and accuracy of cheap instantaneous colorimetric based test kits
• Provides concentration estimates for both nitrate (NO3) and phosphate (PO4)
• A “customized measurements” option allow to extend the technology to other variables for which instantaneous test kits are available
• Measurement of NO3 using Hach Nitrate Test Strips
• Measurement of PO4 using API Phosphate Test Kit
• Measurement Range:
o NO3: 0-50 mg/l
o PO4: 0-10 mg/l
• Cost: app is free (~ $1/sample for test kits)
Promotional Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrSRGjIJ6eo
* Updates to map
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.