WILDLIFE GUIDE APPS
From the National Wildlife Federation, America’s oldest and largest wildlife conservation education organization, comes a series of comprehensive and interactive apps that bring field guides into the 21st century.
The National Wildlife Federation Wildlife Guides will help you discover the wild animals, plants and mushrooms of North America via 50,000 pages of expert-curated content, thousands of the highest quality professional photographs, maps, and drawings, and more than 4,000 bird, mammal, insect, and amphibian sounds.
Get all the apps and carry one of the richest field guide series in your pocket wherever you go with 24/7 access at your fingertips!
Insects and Spiders
This authoritative and easy-to-use guide features 463 North American insects, including ants, bees, dragonflies, beetles, and more--as well as 43 common spider species.
Utilizing the latest iOS technologies, you can:
• Search by name (common and scientific) using either keyboard or verbal search systems; type or speak all or part of an insect or spider’s name to search for its detailed account.
• Organize species alphabetically or taxonomically.
• Search by family, shape, habitat, region, color, size—or any combination.
• Touch to open any or all of the text sections, and to enlarge photos.
• Take notes and upload photos to keep a digital journal of your observations and share them with family, friends, and our growing online community.
Each species account contains:
• description with identification details
• habitat description
• range information
• discussion of the species’ behavior, breeding, life cycle, sign and/or other notable characteristics
• Family and Order information
• photos of similar species with links to those species’ accounts
• links to additional information for every species
Other National Wildlife Federation Nature Guide apps in this series include:
• National Wildlife Federation Guide to Birds
• National Wildlife Federation Guide to Mammals
• National Wildlife Federation Guide to Reptiles
• National Wildlife Federation Guide to Amphibians
• National Wildlife Federation Guide to Butterflies
• National Wildlife Federation Guide to Mushrooms
• National Wildlife Federation Guide to Herbs
• National Wildlife Federation Guide to Vegetables
© 2020 National Wildlife Federation. All rights reserved.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Don’t forget to rate us and review—we love your feedback!
Ratings and Reviews
A good start
This app has a lot of information on the species it has. I know there are obviously a lot of insect species so it is difficult to have them all but there were also a lot that I commonly see in New York that were not on there. I hope to see more added soon. It would also be helpful for a way to mark species as favorites or create a life list to more easily access species that are more commonly seen in a geographic area.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Fieldstone Publishing, Inc.
- 540.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Fieldstone Publishing, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.