WILDLIFE GUIDE APPS
From the National Wildlife Federation, America’s oldest and largest wildlife conservation education organization, comes a series of comprehensive and interactive apps that bring field guides into the 21st century.
The National Wildlife Federation Wildlife Guides will help you discover the wild animals, plants and mushrooms of North America via 50,000 pages of expert-curated content, thousands of the highest quality professional photographs, maps, and drawings, and more than 4,000 bird, mammal, insect, and amphibian sounds.
Get all the apps and carry one of the richest field guide series in your pocket wherever you go with 24/7 access at your fingertips!
This authoritative and easy-to-use guide features 570 types of North American mushrooms, with nearly 700 photographs, text descriptions to help identify mushroom species, and robust search functions to aid in species identification.
Utilizing the latest iOS technologies, you can:
• Search by name (common and scientific) using either keyboard or verbal search systems; type or speak all or part of a mushroom’s name to search for its detailed account.
• Organize species alphabetically or taxonomically.
• Search by shape, habitat, region, color, size, time of year, mushroom structure—or any combination.
• Touch to open any or all of the text sections and to enlarge photos to aide with identification in the field.
• Take notes and upload photos to keep a digital journal of your observations and share them with family, friends, and our growing online community.
Each species account contains:
• description with identification details
• habitat description
• range information
• discussion about the species’ history, edibility or toxicity (if known), and other notable characteristics
• taxonomic Order information
• photos of similar species with links to those species’ accounts
• links to additional information for every species
Disclaimer: Some wild mushrooms are known to be poisonous and deadly. Never eat a wild mushroom unless you are certain of its identification. The National Wildlife Federation Guide to Mushrooms is for education only and is not intended as a manual for mushroom consumption. The publisher disclaims any liability in connection with the use of the information provided in the app. Consult your local mycological society or join a mushroom hunting club for help identifying wild mushrooms that are safe for consumption.
Other National Wildlife Federation Nature Guide apps in this series include:
• National Wildlife Federation Guide to Birds
• National Wildlife Federation Guide to Mammals
• National Wildlife Federation Guide to Reptiles
• National Wildlife Federation Guide to Amphibians
• National Wildlife Federation Guide to Butterflies
• National Wildlife Federation Guide to Insects and Spiders
• National Wildlife Federation Guide to Herbs
• National Wildlife Federation Guide to Vegetables
© 2020 National Wildlife Federation. All rights reserved.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Don’t forget to rate us and review—we love your feedback!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.