NYC Bus Checker brings you live bus times, smart journey planning and detailed route maps for all of New York. Right to your iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch.
With official MTA-licensed support for bus and subway, NYC Bus Checker has you covered, no matter where you need to go in New York.
• Live times at all of New York’s 15,000+ bus stops
• Use your Apple Watch to view an Instant Departure Board or track your planned journeys.
• Plan a journey anywhere in NYC by bus, subway, rail and more
• Get live times in your Notification Center with the Bus Checker widget
• Explore 3D route maps for all NYC Bus Routes - see exactly where your bus goes.
• Download official MTA bus and subway maps - get around underground
• Never miss your stop again with Stop Alerts
• Get real-time CitiBike dock info
• Be one step ahead with updates on detours, closures and cancellations
• Save your favorite stops, routes and places for easy access
• Featured on BBC Click, Telegraph Online, The Independent, Cosmopolitan and Wired UK
• “If you regularly ride a bus, then you should not leave home without Bus Checker” - The Guardian
Problems with the app?
Please read through our FAQs at www.buschecker.com
For more help, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our helpful support team on twitter @nycbuschecker or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bus Checker is a registered trademark of FatAttitude Limited
- Data provided by official MTA feeds
- MTA logo and maps are used with permission
- Bus Checker can send anonymous usage stats and crash reports to us so that we can improve the app; no personally identifiable information is collected or transmitted
- Fixes issue where Apple Watch app doesn’t display arrivals information for some stops.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app - a must have in NY
If you ride the bus but hate it's unpredictability this is the solution. Tells you the time it will take pretty accurately and everything is displayed on a map that can geo locate you. Only thing I would like to see is an overlay map that shows you the route of a selected bus.
Not Accurate at all
Not accurate at all. If it tells you three mins it’s 11 mins. That’s not even close to correct. I understand that traffic makes it difficult to predict an arrival time but that’s why the app should track EXACTLY where your bus is. I should be able to see in real time what stop that bus is currently at and this app doesn’t provide that information. If it does, it’s not user friendly enough to be obvious. The ONLY reason I use this app is for lack of an alternative.
Developer Response ,
We're sorry that the times haven't been accurate for you. Unfortunately, the data in the app is only as accurate as the data the MTA reports in terms of how far away buses are.
Real-time bus positions would be a great solution, but it isn't currently possible with the data available. But we're working on it!
Very accurate but..
I’ve been using this app for the past 3 years but this recent update where it says the time instead of the mins there is left is confusing please go back to the way it was or give an option to change it!
Developer Response ,
We're sorry for the confusion. If it helps clear it up, the app uses minutes when showing a live estimate of how far away the bus is. When the full time is shown, there's no live data available and the app is showing the scheduled time according to the timetable.
- UrbanThings Limited
- 95.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © UrbanThings
- In-App Purchases
- Remove the Ads $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.