Everything you need to know about the FDNY. Incident notifications and firefighting history in the Big Apple.
With Premium Account:
• Access our Live Scanner Feed
• Enjoy an ad-free experience
• Subscribe to custom notifications (incidents, boros, units, etc.)
• Set custom push notification sounds
• The NYC Fire Wire premium features monthly subscription gives you unlimited access to the app's premium content and features
• The subscription price is $5.99/monthly*
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at the cost of the chosen package
• Subscriptions may be managed, and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your device's Account Settings after purchase
• There is no way to cancel your current subscription during its active period
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
* Price are equal to the value that "Apple's App Store Matrix" determines is the equivalent of the subscription price in $USD.
You can read our terms of service at https://nycfirewire.net/about/terms
Fixed crashes when tapping on more button
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome! But one suggestion.
This app is amazing for fire-buffs. Maybe the number one app for this sort of thing. The only suggestion I have, is to PLEASE cover smaller emergencies. I noticed a notification only pops up for LARGE emergencies or large fires. Please give us a heads up about smaller calls, like gas leaks, trash fires, and could we be noticed about where units are responding to also? Thanks.
The FDNY App to have!
NYC Firewire has rolled out it’s new app, and updated it already. The main feature is the notifications page which alerts you to incidents. The notifications are pretty quick, while listening to incidents unfold on the scanner they come over the app rapidly.
A list of incidents and interactive map appear on the main page.
In settings you can choose to be notified by
Citywide, Borough, Incident type, or by individual unit. You can also choose alert sounds which include the actual tones and announcements that come over the station PA’s.
Growing up and listening to “the City” from skip on a scanner I can say this app gives you all the information you want without fear of missing the action in a timely and professional package.
Map needs work.
It would be better if the map could expand to full screen.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- NYC Fire Wire Inc
- 87.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © NYC Fire Wire
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Monthly Subscription $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.