• NYC subway map works underground without an internet connection (connection only needed to lookup street addresses and get live transit alerts)
• Directions without an internet connection displayed right on the map
• Very easy to use - All lines and connections shown clearly
• 24-hour Day/Night maps - Automatically switches maps at 11pm and 6 am
• Pop-up Google street map - Press any station for 3 seconds to see local area
• Built-in Compass - Helps with orientation at street-level
• GPS Locator - Shows closest subways stations
• Transit Alerts - Push notifications of delays for only the lines you choose
• Identifies stations with no free cross-over to go in opposite direction
• Shows over 350 NYC Neighborhoods and Parks
"ONE OF THE TOP TEN NEW YORK CITY-BASED APPS" - Huffington Post
"EASIER TO READ" - The New York Times
"ONE OF THE BEST APPS FOR NAVIGATING NYC's SUBWAY LINES" - CNET
"EASY, DETAILED, AND CLEAR" - Apple Gazette
"NAVIGATING THE NY SUBWAY HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER" - Appolicious.com
"EASIER TO SEE ALL THE LINES" - Treehugger.com
"YOU'LL KNOW HOW TO GET WHERE YOU'RE GOING WHETHER IT'S 3PM OR 3AM" - SmarterTravel.com
"ENCOURAGES PEOPLE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE SUBWAY" - Transitmy.org
"LESS STRESSFUL FOR WHEELCHAIR USERS" - Christopher Reeve Foundation
"L'INDISPENSABLE CARTE DU [NYC] METRO" - Culture-Nomad.com
"LE SIMPLIFICA LA VIDA A LOS TURISTAS" - Diario del Viajero.com
• Updated OMNY information display now that it is available at almost every station.
[+] Contact us with suggestions, corrections, and gripes using the Feedback button in the app or connect on Twitter and Facebook @kickmap
If you like using our app, please consider writing an App Store review. It helps get the word out.
Ratings and Reviews
Just so simple
This is all you really need. Something that changes with the time of day that you can navigate with just one thumb and make sure you don’t screen yourself up if you’re headed someplace new. I’ve had this app for 10 years and re-download with every new phone.
Some apps try to over complicate things and worry about directions etc. but this isn’t that and I love it.
Sorry it took 10 years to write this.
What they said...
I’m also an iTrans refugee, who came to KickMap when iTrans broke. This could be the PERFECT app with just two fixes: 1. more detail in the alert pop-ups, and, 2. moving the alert listing to its own page, because the current format is too small - the icons for each line are too small and prone to tapping errors, and the window is too small and font too big to allow easy reading of the service advisory information. iTrans did these things right and was five stars - when it worked. KickMap can be 5 stars if it makes these reasonable adjustments.
Among the nicest NYC subway apps
I’m a convert from iTransNYC which was the standard for iPhone until it stopped updating regularly as of late. This app matches that app in almost every aspect (and props for making own maps!) but I’d like to see more detailed delay and cancellation info within the push notifications. This shouldn’t be too hard, just rally the same info MTA sends out to its riders - iTransNYC does exactly that. Also I think a full page dedicated to alerts rather than a small menu right now will make navigating information even easier.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- KICK Design Inc
- 10.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- ©2008 KICK Design Inc
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.