• NYC subway map works underground without an internet connection (connection only needed to lookup street addresses and get live transit alerts)
• Directions without an internet connection displayed right on the map
• Very easy to use - All lines and connections shown clearly
• 24-hour Day/Night maps - Automatically switches maps at 11pm and 6 am
• Pop-up Google street map - Press any station for 3 seconds to see local area
• Built-in Compass - Helps with orientation at street-level
• GPS Locator - Shows closest subways stations
• Transit Alerts - Push notifications of delays for only the lines you choose
• Identifies stations with no free cross-over to go in opposite direction
• Shows over 350 NYC Neighborhoods and Parks
"ONE OF THE TOP TEN NEW YORK CITY-BASED APPS" - Huffington Post
"EASIER TO READ" - The New York Times
"ONE OF THE BEST APPS FOR NAVIGATING NYC's SUBWAY LINES" - CNET
"EASY, DETAILED, AND CLEAR" - Apple Gazette
"NAVIGATING THE NY SUBWAY HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER" - Appolicious.com
"EASIER TO SEE ALL THE LINES" - Treehugger.com
"YOU'LL KNOW HOW TO GET WHERE YOU'RE GOING WHETHER IT'S 3PM OR 3AM" - SmarterTravel.com
"ENCOURAGES PEOPLE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE SUBWAY" - Transitmy.org
"LESS STRESSFUL FOR WHEELCHAIR USERS" - Christopher Reeve Foundation
"L'INDISPENSABLE CARTE DU [NYC] METRO" - Culture-Nomad.com
"LE SIMPLIFICA LA VIDA A LOS TURISTAS" - Diario del Viajero.com
• 1st Av L entrances added
• Bug fixes
[+] Contact us with suggestions, corrections, and gripes using the Feedback button in the app or connect on Twitter and Facebook @kickmap
If you like using our app, please consider writing an App Store review. It helps get the word out.
Ratings and Reviews
Works like a charm
Could really only use some minor tweaks but all in all an excellent app! I saw a complaint about the airport directions, but if you look at the map, the AirTrain from JFK connects to Howard Beach (subway only lines) and Jamaica Station (subway and LIRR) and there are tons of signs explaining what to do. LaGuardia is more complicated because of the buses and no direct rail link to the airport, but similarly, there are tons of signs and information kiosks to help - so all you have to do is zoom in to see where the airport bus shuttle connection stations are and get to them. I think that the reason they left out the directions from the connecting Stations to the airports is that you'd need to know which terminal your airline is located in to get specific directions, and that changes quite frequently sometimes. Personally, I don't think it's enough of a reason to give the app a 1-star rating because I've been using KickMap NYC for years now and I've only seen the app get better and more reliable.
Just so simple
This is all you really need. Something that changes with the time of day that you can navigate with just one thumb and make sure you don’t screen yourself up if you’re headed someplace new. I’ve had this app for 10 years and re-download with every new phone.
Some apps try to over complicate things and worry about directions etc. but this isn’t that and I love it.
Sorry it took 10 years to write this.
What they said...
I’m also an iTrans refugee, who came to KickMap when iTrans broke. This could be the PERFECT app with just two fixes: 1. more detail in the alert pop-ups, and, 2. moving the alert listing to its own page, because the current format is too small - the icons for each line are too small and prone to tapping errors, and the window is too small and font too big to allow easy reading of the service advisory information. iTrans did these things right and was five stars - when it worked. KickMap can be 5 stars if it makes these reasonable adjustments.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- KICK Design Inc
- 11.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- ©2008 KICK Design Inc
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.