• A free, fast, verifiable way to check digital proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test results.
• Become part of New York's Safe Reopening. For New York businesses, Excelsior Pass is the fastest, easiest, and most verifiable way to accept proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test results.
• Sponsored by the State of New York, Excelsior Pass provides secure, digital proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test results.
• Excelsior Pass is free to download and use.
• Similar to a mobile airline boarding pass, New Yorkers can store Passes digitally on their smartphones or print them out to present at participating businesses and venues.
• As a business, you can use the Excelsior Pass Scanner app to validate that your employees or customers have valid Passes and are safe to enter your establishment.
• You are required to verify identification by matching the name and birth date on the Pass to a photo ID.
• You may also accept alternate forms of proof of vaccination or negative test results, like a CDC card or lab report.
• Download Excelsior Pass Scanner and be part of the safe reopening of New York State.
- Removes scanner recognition of the original Excelsior Pass, which is no longer supported.
Ratings and Reviews
6 month expire?
I was happy to get and use this app. Helpful to get into a movie / restaurant/ theater.
However, it now implies boosters are REQUIRED every 6 months. This is not my understanding or my doctors recommendation. I can’t over-ride the expiration date using “pass plus” because of the poor design and poor directions.
So, without getting 2nd booster in the 5th month after last booster I show expired! THIS IS DANGEROUS - PLEASE RESPOND with a fix to this glitch? Thank you!
Easy to use app!
Just downloaded app and added my wife’s and my pass to both our phones. Each pass shows expiration dates in mid-Sept 2021 and currently it’s mid-April and that’s perfectly fine with me. Expiration dates make perfect sense to me as experts learn more about the the virus, vaccine effectiveness period and if a booster shot update if needed. I don’t expect a “Lifetime Pass” like other app raters apparently do.
It’s great to have proof of vaccination on your phone so you don’t have to carry the card with you, however, it doesn’t allow you to add your Covid booster shot. If a yearly booster is the way of the future this should be corrected on the app, or it becomes worthless.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- New York State Office of Information Technology Services
- 22.1 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Haitian, Italian, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Yiddish
- Age Rating
- © New York State Office of Information Technology Services