• For New Yorkers
• Use at Participating Businesses and Venues
• Sponsored by the State of New York, Excelsior Pass provides secure, digital proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test results.
• Excelsior Pass and Excelsior Pass Plus are free to download and use. Participation is entirely voluntary.
• Excelsior Pass is digital proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test results (PCR Test or Antigen Test). For use at participating New York State businesses and venues.
• Excelsior Pass Plus is a digital copy of your COVID-19 vaccination record. Your Pass Plus includes vaccination type, site, and date of vaccination, just like your paper CDC Card. The inclusion of this health information enables New Yorkers to have a complete digital record of their COVID-19 vaccination history for record-keeping and/or usage outside of New York State.
• Similar to a mobile airline boarding pass, New Yorkers can store Passes digitally on their smartphones to present as desired.
• Passes can be retrieved from https://epass.ny.gov and saved to the Excelsior Pass Wallet for easy access. Download Excelsior Pass Wallet and be part of the safe reopening of New York State.
- Adds support to share and print Excelsior Pass Plus
- Enhances language support
Ratings and Reviews
Cannot extend my initial 6-mo validity
I was able to upload my vaccine info initially to use this app, which has been great. However, I trying to extend the initial 6-month expiration date to the now-extended 1-year-post-vaccine expiration date. The app confirms my identity and contact info and allows me to proceed to the next step to enter in vaccine info, but then when I enter the vaccine info (that I used to sign up for the initial 6 months in the first place), I get an error message that says: “We we’re not able to find any contact info for you.” I then submitted a record review twice, and I doubt anyone will be following up. After filling out the lengthy record review, I then get a message telling me to contact the vaccine site, which is unfortunate, because it was one of the temporary city-run pop-up sites that is now back to being a high school. There is no one to contact. I am sure I am not the only person dealing with this issue.
Easy to use but expires after a month
Only giving it 4 stars due to incorrect information that I had to enter at first. It gave me different counties where I did not get vaccinated at. I got mines in the Bronx and the only one in nyc that came up in was queens so I went with that one and got my pass. Also it seems to expire after a month. I know the app just came out so there’s gonna be some issues at first but hopefully this is one of them they can address moving forward. Other than that I haven’t had the time to use it yet but it looks easy to use. It’s super convenient as I don’t have to carry the physical card with me everywhere I go
If I could give it no stars, I would
I downloaded this app when I first got my vaccine and the whole thing hadn’t worked. I figured maybe it was because I just got my vaccine and not all records are as speedy as one may hope. So I requested a review, left my email and I deleted the app and decided to wait a while. I downloaded it again today (3+ months since I’ve gotten my vaccine) and tried again since I hadn’t heard anything through email or phone about the review. Of course, it didn’t work for me but it worked for my father who got the vaccine on the same day as me, at the same time, at the same place. So obviously it’s not the records considering my entire family has the pass on their phone now and we all got it done are ours the same time in the same county. I sent in another review request form and I can guarantee you I will not get a response from them regarding my information because I’ll bet there’s no one even working on review requests. Fix this problem because I know I’m not the only one that’s having it.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- New York State Office of Information Technology Services
- 4.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Haitian, Italian, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Yiddish
- Age Rating
- © New York State Office of Information Technology Services
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.