• For New Yorkers
• Use at Participating Businesses and Venues
• Sponsored by the State of New York, Excelsior Pass provides secure, digital proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test results.
• Excelsior Pass and Excelsior Pass Plus are free to download and use. Participation is entirely voluntary.
• Excelsior Pass is digital proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test results (PCR Test or Antigen Test). For use at participating New York State businesses and venues.
• Excelsior Pass Plus is a digital copy of your COVID-19 vaccination record. Your Pass Plus includes vaccination type, site, and date of vaccination, just like your paper CDC Card. The inclusion of this health information enables New Yorkers to have a complete digital record of their COVID-19 vaccination history for record-keeping and/or usage outside of New York State.
• Similar to a mobile airline boarding pass, New Yorkers can store Passes digitally on their smartphones to present as desired.
• Passes can be retrieved from https://epass.ny.gov and saved to the Excelsior Pass Wallet for easy access. Download Excelsior Pass Wallet and be part of the safe reopening of New York State.
- Minor Enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
After the Mandate, the app works perfectly!
Ok so the app designer must have gotten paid per the features the app is supposed to provide, because the stupidity of having two different passes in the app is unnecessarily redundant. The only difference between the two passes is the original can be added to the Apple wallet app for a quick access and expires, but lacks the complete information (number and dates of vaccinations, etc.) that is provided by the pass plus, which cannot be added to the Apple wallet but doesn’t expire. Streamline all the features into one pass that has easy access. And instead of requiring to take out your ID, why not allow an initial scan of your ID as a second step once you have the excelsior pass, to display with it? Less risk of having to rush through pockets or purses to find said ID, only to lose them
K.I.S.S.: Keep it simple stupid!
If I could give it no stars, I would
I downloaded this app when I first got my vaccine and the whole thing hadn’t worked. I figured maybe it was because I just got my vaccine and not all records are as speedy as one may hope. So I requested a review, left my email and I deleted the app and decided to wait a while. I downloaded it again today (3+ months since I’ve gotten my vaccine) and tried again since I hadn’t heard anything through email or phone about the review. Of course, it didn’t work for me but it worked for my father who got the vaccine on the same day as me, at the same time, at the same place. So obviously it’s not the records considering my entire family has the pass on their phone now and we all got it done are ours the same time in the same county. I sent in another review request form and I can guarantee you I will not get a response from them regarding my information because I’ll bet there’s no one even working on review requests. Fix this problem because I know I’m not the only one that’s having it.
No records found, no help
I have been unable to retrieve my vaccine pass, after multiple attempts and checking the information against my vaccine card, even though I received my last dose well over a month ago. Looking through the reviews here, this seems to be a very common problem, and likely related to problems in entering or maintaining the data in the state vaccine database. That’s to be expected with a vaccine system started up so quickly in an emergency. The problem is that support for correcting the data and retrieving a vaccine pass is slow or nonexistent. I am still waiting for a response beyond a form letter from the Excelsior pass support team, and it is notable that while the developer has responded to several reviews here, the developer has not responded to any complaints about unretrievable records. I don’t expect the state database to be perfect, but if it can’t be corrected to be accurate, the system is useless. It’s too bad, because this sort of app would be a great help for New Yorkers and businesses—if it worked.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- New York State Office of Information Technology Services
- 5.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Haitian, Italian, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Yiddish
- Age Rating
- © New York State Office of Information Technology Services
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.