**2018 New Apps We Love** - Apple
**Oak will guide you to more mindful, relaxed living** - AppAdvice
Oak helps you decompress by transforming your meditation practice from an experiment into a habit. We support you from your first session to your 500th, with mindful, loving-kindness, and sleep meditations as well as unguided sessions and breathing exercises. Individualize your meditations by duration, and customize with silence or calming background sounds. Oak tracks your progress and encourages you to continue building a healthy meditation practice.
- Guided mindful and loving-kindness meditations with male and female instructors
- Choose a guided session duration ranging from 5 to 30 minutes in length
- Choose unguided meditation sessions ranging from 5 minutes to 24 hours in length
- Sit in silence or choose soothing background tracks (bells, blocks, bowls, streams, and other gentle sounds) that encourage restfulness
- Courses: go deeper and learn to practice Mantra meditation with a 10-day course
- Simple yogic breathing exercises that can easily be performed on-the-go
- Options include Box Breathing, Deep Calm, and Awake sessions
- Animated instruction removes the guesswork
- Guided breathing exercises help relax your mind as you drift off to sleep
- Choose silence or gentle background sounds to play during and after your session
- For unguided meditation, set your custom mediation duration, background sounds (or silence), and interval chimes
- Oak tracks the number of minutes/hours you’ve meditated, mindful breaths you’ve taken, and the number of meditation/breathing sessions you’ve accomplished, as well as any consecutive streaks
- Discover new accomplishment badges the more you breathe and meditate with us
- The power of community: Monitor the number of Oak members mindfully breathing and meditating in real time
- Oak supports Apple HealthKit for tracking “mindful minutes” with the Health app (optional).
Thank you for taking care of yourself through meditation. Have questions or feedback? Reach out to us anytime at email@example.com.
Hi Oak crew,
Thank you for your ongoing support. This update contains several small bug fixes and performance improvements.
If you have any questions, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Ratings and Reviews
Near perfect meditation app
I have tried numerous medication apps, but I wasn’t happy with any of them. For the first time I can see I am truly enjoying a mediation app (and I will admit, the fact that there are no “pro” “premium” or subscriptions is partly why I enjoy it; I never liked the idea of profiting off of mediation, it seems ingenuine to me). The app is super clean with a beautiful design. However, from my initial experience, here are two things I would tweak:
1. The guiding voice is significantly louder than the background noise. I wish there was a way to control the balance between these two. I don’t like the guiding voice to be too loud, but when I adjust the voice volume to my liking the background sound is almost inaudible.
2. For the breathing exercise, I wish there was an option for an audio guide as well. Just like while meditation, while breathing I prefer to not stare at my screen, but currently there is no way for me to follow the breathing exercises without having my eyes glued to the screen, I hope this will change.
Overall, this is an excellent mediation app, and I hope it remains clean and bloat free, with non of the “premium” features that are constantly being pushed with similar mediation apps. Thanks for making the world a better place.
Mind Blown Away
I absolutely love this app. There is no subscription that you have to buy to use it. There is an in app purchase but that’s besides my point. I absolutely would recommend this app. Whenever I’ve had a stressful day I can always count on this awesome app to help. Waking up early? No problem! The sleeping section helps with that. Can’t focus? The breathing section helps with that! Just want to be guided on meditation without having to tap your screen to make sure it’s on? The meditation section helps with that! Here’s a quick story: when I first found this app and saw that you could have rain playing for 55 minutes with you phone off, I had to recommend it to my mom. She loves sleep and falling asleep to rain. It was the best to her!
Another thing: Since it’s Pride Month I’ll share this. The meditation section REALLY helped me accept my sexuality and gender identification since I was struggling with that and coming to terms with who I was. I was a little ehh about it but doing the I think acceptance breathing meditation course, for a while really helped me come to terms.
Have I proven my point that this is a freakin amazing app yet? Still not convinced? Try it out, see how you like it.
I cannot recommend this app highly enough. It is a gorgeous and highly accessible app- it has a few different types of meditations, some guided breathing techniques, and some night techniques. All are completely free and without any ads whatsoever. Even the app in-depth courses on different meditation techniques are free. The things I really appreciate about this app are 1. How much flexibility there is in meditation settings- there are light and dark options for the screen, you can choose a background noise effect (but don’t have to have one at all), can adjust speaker volume and background volume separately, and can adjust the length of meditation. It’s so simple and effective. 2. I love the loving kindness meditation. I have tried other guided loving kindness meditation routines and a lot involve visualisation techniques that end up distracting me personally. This one is the best- it’s so beautiful and peaceful and is so easy to follow. Truly a treasure and such an effective way to cultivate feelings of tenderness and compassion. I couldn’t fault this app if I tried, it’s my absolute favourite. Can’t recommend it highly enough!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Oak by Big Sky Health, Inc.
- 189 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Big Sky Health, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Course: Mantra Meditation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.