OBD Auto Doctor is the leading OBD2 car diagnostics tool in your pocket!
Ever wonder why the check engine light or MIL keeps going on? Check and reset the trouble codes with OBD Auto Doctor. With this OBD2 diagnostic app, you can communicate with your car's OBD-II system quick and easy, and turn your mobile into a highly capable automotive scanner.
▸ OBD Auto Doctor is an ideal app for everyone interested in getting to know their car better. Whether you want to monitor vehicle data in real-time or reset the "check engine" light, this is a must-have tool and the only OBD-II software you need!
Capabilities and benefits:
• Read readiness monitor status to make sure your car is ready for emissions testing
• Read On-Board Diagnostic Monitors for advanced diagnostics
• Read Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs), Freeze Frame, and clear the codes and MIL
• Monitor fuel consumption while you drive and save money on gas/diesel
• View OBD-II parameter and sensor data in real-time to detect abnormalities
• Monitor OBD-II sensor data in numerical or graphical presentation
• Support for multiple electronic control units such as engine, transmission, etc.
Some additional features:
• Send diagnostic data via email
• Record and send sensor data via email as .csv format
• Read Vehicle Identification Number, Calibration Identifications and Calibration Verification Numbers of ECU
• Build-in DTC database with over 18000 trouble codes including thousands of manufacturer specific codes
• Support for both imperial (English) and metric units
Check the Quick Start Guide to get started:
• WiFi adapters: https://www.obdautodoctor.com/OBD-Auto-Doctor-Quick-Start-Guide-iPhone-WiFi.pdf
• Bluetooth adapters: https://www.obdautodoctor.com/OBD-Auto-Doctor-Quick-Start-Guide-iPhone-Bluetooth.pdf
OBD Auto Doctor supports all cars sold worldwide that are compatible with OBD2 or EOBD. As a general guideline, your car is most likely to be OBD-II compliant if it fulfils one of the requirements listed below:
• USA: All cars and light trucks manufactured since 1996 (OBD2)
• EU, Gasoline: Registered in the EU after 1 January 2001 (EOBD)
• EU, Diesel: Registered in the EU after 1 January 2004 (EOBD)
• See https://www.obdautodoctor.com/faq for the OBD2 compatibility info for other countries
NOTE: OBD Auto Doctor requires a separate ELM Wifi OBD2 adapter (ELM327 compatible scan tool) or Kiwi 3, OBDLink MX+, Carista, Vgate, LELink, Viecar, Tonwon, Veepeak or MicroTech Bluetooth Low Energy adapter to communicate with vehicle.
NOTE: Please notice that most of the features of the app require that your car supports them too.
▸ This app is free but to unlock all the features, a subscription is required. Check the app website for more information and differences between the versions.
Under no circumstances will the developer of this application be held responsible for incidents resulting from the use and/or interpretation of the data in the application.
If you have any issues or concerns, we are happy to help you out. Just send us e-mail to email@example.com.
Visit the OBD Auto Doctor website for more information:
Further stability and performance improvements to make diagnosing your cars as easy as possible.
If you're happy with the app, please rate it, or even leave a review. This is a great way to support us, indie developers. Thanks!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Problem with the app
Hi there, I have the promotion app and it works great since I have it, but recently my I phone 6 s plus broken and I got another phone and it is the same I phone 6 S plus , and I tried too many times to connect the device to the app it didn’t connect at all.. any idea please. Thanks
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry for your experience. Could you please contact our email support so that we can assist you?
Doesn’t log full trip, keeps disconnecting
This app will not log if you are not on the sensors screen. If you want to keep the log info, you have to email it to yourself, it won’t save to any cloud service you may have. Also, if you switch to another app then back, this app restarts and half the time will not connect back to the OBDII adapter. I am using the OBDLink MX+. I was going to buy the desktop version for my MacBook, but won’t be wasting the money since it probably has the same lack of stability as the iOS app. I paid for the year of PRO, but cancelled that so I don’t get charged again. If I had known there were these issues, I would have tried the monthly subscription, but wanted to save money and go for the year. An app that charges a monthly and yearly subscription fee should work much better than this one does.
In response to the developers response, I have another app that works fine in the background with the OBDII adapter. I have other apps that have no problem running in the background either. Also, logging is important to me. I have a phone that has no issue with storage, so having the option to have it log the entire trip and store it to iCloud or another cloud based storage platform shouldn’t be an issue. You could make it an option that could be turned on or off by the end user instead of deciding what we need.
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry for your experience. You are right about how the logging works, this is to preserve the resources of the phone. The app cannot do anything about the behaviour when you but it in the background. This is how the iOS works.
Only worth it if you upgrade to Pro for $$$
Installed the free version after the “check engine” light came on in my car. Easy installed & easily connected to the dongle via WiFi. Gives you some interesting but very, very basic data but if you actually want the app to be useful, you have to either start paying $5/month or $20/year (automatically renewed) for the “Pro” version. This basic version here doesn’t even detect the check engine light is on, let-alone tell you what the problem is.
No thanks! I’d rather give my $$ to a business that’s nice enough to give you some honest useability in their free version.
Developer Response ,
Did you know that you can get the Pro only for one month? No need to pay monthly or yearly fee, you can cancel anytime.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Creosys Oy
- 23.1 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Finnish, French, German, Italian
- Age Rating
- © Creosys Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly $4.99
- Yearly $19.99
- OBD Auto Doctor Pro $26.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.