OBD Fusion is an app for your car that allows you to read OBD2 vehicle data directly from your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad. You can clear your check engine light, create custom dashboards, read diagnostic trouble codes, estimate fuel economy, and much more! OBD Fusion is also available for Apple Watch!
Is your check engine light on? Do you want to monitor fuel economy and usage in your vehicle? Do you want cool looking virtual dashboards on your iPhone or iPad? If so, then OBD Fusion is the app for you! OBD Fusion is used by professional mechanics, do-it-yourself mechanics, and vehicle owners who want to monitor their vehicle and daily driving habits. Drive smarter, improve your fuel economy, and keep your engine healthy!
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must have a Wi-Fi ELM327 compatible adapter, Veepeak BLE/BLE+ 4.0 adapter, Carista BLE adapter, OBDLink MX+, Tonwon BLE adapter, LELink BLE adapter, Viecar BLE adapter, Lonauto adapter, Vgate iCar Bluetooth 4.0, BAST BLE adapter, Kiwi 3 or 4, or compatible ELM327 Bluetooth LE adapter to use this app. OBD Fusion is not compatible with generic ELM Bluetooth scan tools. Checkout additional adapters here: https://www.obdsoftware.net/software/obdfusion
OBD Fusion supports all OBD2 and EOBD vehicles sold worldwide. If you're not sure whether your vehicle is OBD2 or EOBD compliant, see this page for more information: https://www.obdsoftware.net/support/knowledge-base/how-do-i-know-whether-my-vehicle-is-obd-ii-compliant/. OBD Fusion can also connect to some JOBD vehicles through advanced configuration in the app. Please contact us for more details.
Electric vehicles (EVs) are not required to have OBD2 diagnostics since they are emissions exempt. If you are interested in using OBD Fusion on an EV, contact us first to inquire about support.
OBD Fusion is brought to you by OCTech, LLC, the makers of TouchScan and OBDwiz. Now you can get the same great features for your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad!
OBD Fusion has a ton of features including:
- Read and clear emissions-related trouble codes and your Check Engine Light (MIL)
- With optional enhanced diagnostic add-ons, you can read and clear enhanced trouble codes and fault lights on other modules such as ABS, SRS, etc. An enhanced diagnostic add-on is required for this functionality.
- Real-time dashboard display with fully customizable gauges
- Performance calculations for 1/4 mile and 0-60 mph track times
- Fuel economy MPG (US and UK), l/100km or km/l calculation
- Full diagnostic report that can be stored and emailed
- Real-time graphing of multiple signals
- Multiple trip meters
- Log data to CSV file and email CSV files
- Create custom enhanced PIDs
- Includes some built-in enhanced PIDs for Ford and GM vehicles
- Display Boost pressure in real-time
- Display Engine Power and Torque
- Display calculated Air-to-fuel ratio
- Display battery voltage
- Read freeze frame data
- Fully customizable units including English, Imperial, and Metric units
- Real-time graphing
- Over 150 supported PIDs
- Displays vehicle information including VIN and calibration ID
- Emissions readiness for each US state
- Find out if your car will pass emissions inspection
- Oxygen Sensor Results (Mode $05)
- On-board Monitoring Tests (Mode $06)
- In-performance Tracking Counters (Mode $09)
- GPS tracking - plot vehicle parameters on a map
- Integrated iCloud and Dropbox functionality
- Available in English, Czech, French, Italian, Spanish and Greek
- Manufacturer specific Enhanced Diagnostics are available for certain vehicles through In-App purchases.
** Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
OBD Fusion for Apple Watch includes the following features:
- View statistics about your last trip
- View quick information about your vehicle
- See where you parked your car on the map
- Set parking meter time
OBD Fusion is a trademark of OCTech, LLC registered in the U.S.
• Added trip and fuel PIDs for CO2 output.
• Added graphs for trip statistics to the Logs > Trip Stats page. You can view multiple statistics for the selected vehicle over various time frames.
• Added a new dashboard arc gauge type.
• Added a setting to the vehicle editor named fuel economy scale factor that allows you to calibrate the fuel economy calculations displayed in this app.
• Fixed a bug that prevented entering negative numbers for certain fields in the app.
• Various bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Easy as pie
I’m not all that comfortable with modern tech, but even for me this app was easy to set up and use. I highly recommend buying the enhanced add on. It provides a wealth of additional information. I also recommend the MX+ dongle. Paired together they work well. I have been able to add customized gauges, like a transmission fluid temp gauge. No complicated formulas, just follow a menu. Presto,you have a gauge. Very easy to delete a gauge. Setting up a graph was just as easy. And you can read if the vehicle is emissions ready.
I also appreciate the excellent customer service I received from Matt. I had couple of pre sale questions and a post sale question and he responded promptly.
I would do business with this company again.
BTW: I operate this Fusion program on an IPad via Bluetooth, so it can function while I’m on the road.
Beats the heck out of my old $30 plug in scanner.
Amazing App for Scan Tool
I purchased the Veepeak OBDCheck BLE OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner and this app plus its add-on for my vehicle family. This app recommended the Veepeak scanner. Its site recommended this app. It sounded like the perfect combination for an app-based scan tool, so I got them both. I couldn't be more pleased!
The scan tool, I think, is very good. It gathers the complete OBDII required data and, it appears, any extensions the vendor adds.
This app is infinitely configurable. It appears to be able to collect the full OBDII set and any and all vendor extensions. However, they may require the purchase of add-ons within the app.
There are two screens of "instruments" that come with the app. You can add more screens and instruments and fully customize them to display data the way you want to see it until you go blind. Looking into the settings, I can't imagine there's anything missed.
I'll also add another plug for this scanner/software pair. I believe the Veepeak is the only one for iOS that doesn't connect using Wi-Fi. It connects via Bluetooth LE. Also, you don't pair it. OBDFusion connects with it directly. This makes setup very easy and, more important, it leaves your Wi-Fi, cellular data and Bluetooth untouched and available! Very nice.
Great, but I have a suggestion
Love this app, teamed up with a high end OBD reader, the average consumer gets a really high level of monitoring and diagnostic. I have worked in heavy diesel maintenance for a very long time, primarily on CAT mining equipment. This gives me the ability to track operating stats and track component degradation. One thing I’d love to see, setting log data for individual vehicles, say I have one vehicle, OBD reader can pick up some sensors, but another vehicle can monitor others. I’d love to be able to set specific logged data for individual vehicles. So I don’t have the wade through the mass data deleting the zero reading columns to get down to the useful information
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- OCTECH LLC
- 90.1 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2013 OCTech, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Ford 2005 Enhanced Diagnostics $9.99
- Ford 2006 Enhanced Diagnostics $9.99
- Toyota 2007 Enhanced Diagnostics $9.99
- Ford 2004 Enhanced Diagnostics $9.99
- Toyota 2008 Enhanced Diagnostics $9.99
- Ford 2013 Enhanced Diagnostics $9.99
- Toyota 2006 Enhanced Diagnostics $9.99
- Ford 2003 Enhanced Diagnostics $9.99
- Ford 2016 Enhanced Diagnostics $9.99
- Toyota 2005 Enhanced Diagnostics $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.