WHAT IS Obsidian?
Obsidian is a decentralized 2 Factor Authenticator (2FA) app for both iOS and MacOS.
You can use it to store your OTP (TOTP/HOTP) secrets, it will take care of keeping them safe and providing you with the correct token when needed.
WHY IS IT SECURE?
Obsidian stores all your tokens in your Apple Keychain, the most secure place in your device.
Obsidian is fully decentralized, that means your data never leaves the Apple Keychain.
No other app can access your tokens, nor do we.
WHY Apple Sign-In?
Apple Sign-In is required only when you purchase Obsidian Fusion and want to share it among iOS and MacOS. It will take care of transferring your purchase between Operating Systems while preserving your Privacy.
WHAT IS OTP?
OTP stands for One Time Password, it usually represent a tokens that refreshes every 30 seconds and is requested by systems upon signing in to a new device.
This means that even if an attacker steals your password for your Instagram account he/she will not be able to use it.
Obsidian will keep you safe in case you get hacked.
WHY SHOULD I USE OBSIDIAN WHEN I HAVE ALREADY A PASSWORD MANAGER?
If you have a password manager like 1Password, LastPass or Dashlane you are off to a great start, but it’s always best to separate your 2FA tokens from your passwords, for the same reason you don’t keep your Credit Card and Pin in the same wallet.
WHAT FEATURES DOES IT OFFER?
Here is a list of the features included in Obsidian:
• iCloud Keychain storage
• iCloud Keychain sharing / sync (across all your devices)
• TOTP & HOTP support
• Base32 secrets support
• Multiple Themes
• Backups, so you can always restore an older version of your tokens
• TouchID & FaceID
• Super-easy copy on Clipboard
• Automatic setup via QR Code
Terms of Service: https://obsidianapp.io/terms-of-service
Obsidian v6.0 is finally here and is our major release yet!
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BELOW BEFORE UPGRADING!
We have completely rewritten the app from scratch to be prettier, faster and more secure.
Here what you will find inside:
Completely New UI
New beautiful Dark Mode
Improved Sync with iPhone, iPad and MacOS
Tons of improvements in terms of security and stability
And we are already working on some new cool features.
As always Obsidian uses your iCloud Keychain, your token never leaves it.
1. If you come from 5x or older you will need to migrate your tokens to the new Keychain, just tap on the popup at launch or go to the Settings menu.
Your old token will not be deleted, you will still be able to use version 5.x or older of Obsidian on other devices, but they will not be in sync with v6+.
2. We are introducing a subscription model (Obsidian Fusion) to take advantage of all the features of Obsidian. This will support our development so we will be able to continue to provide security solutions to protect you from malicious attackers.
Obsidian will also offer a FREE mode with up to 5 tokens to try the app.
If you migrate from v5.x or older and you already have more than 5 tokens don't worry because they will not be deleted, but you will not be able to add more.
Changelog for v6.1.8:
- Fixed a bug that would close the app upon purchasing Fusion (thanks @fabiopoloni)
- FIxed color scheme for Black theme (thanks @sureiwin)
Changelog for v6.1.7:
- Fixed bug that required 2 taps to copy a code after using the search feature (thanks @danielhipskind)
- You can now easily copy the code of a newly added token. Super handy if you need to paste it in the source system for validation (thanks @danielhipskind)
- Minor improvements
- Added a new "Rate me" option in the Settings, in case you feel like leaving a review :)
Changelog for v6.1.6:
- Editing now includes Secrets! If you mess something up always remember Backups are there for the rescue (thanks @fabiopoloni)
- Improved copy in all app (thanks @mrtoby)
- Improved onboarding process for Fusion upgrade
- Minor tweaks
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The best I've found
Excellent OTP app with iCloud sync for use on multiple devices. Thank you for building it!
Cons: Desperately needs a way to export/backup tokens since a bad iCloud sync can delete your tokens. If you can add this, 5 stars all the way.
Finally I can use MFA tokens in a whereever I am. Don't have my phone? Not a problem, it's on my Mac. How about if I just have my phone or iPad? Yes, it works there too.
And yes, you can click(copy) / paste into your web applications. So smart.
I use this all day long.
Clean and simple. Uses iCloud to sync across devices. Responsive dev who cares about his app.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- tommaso carpi
- 8.9 MB
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Tommaso Carpi
- In-App Purchases
- Obsidian Fusion (Annual) $11.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.