Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) Same Day Taxi Application:
Available by invitation only, to OCTA eligible customers, OCTA is pleased to offer our Same Day Taxi customers the very latest in smartphone booking technology with our free Same Day Taxi (SDT) Application.
Key Features of the application include:
• Book a reservation in as few as 3 clicks
• Get a fare estimate by entering both pickup and destination addresses
• Receive a confirmation number for your reservation immediately on booking
• Receive notifications including vehicle number once your reservation has been dispatched
• Monitor the progress of your vehicle on a map
• Create a list of favorite addresses and assign a custom name for each
• Review all reservations you have made over the past 30 days
• Provide feedback related to the application and/or service you received
• Call the reservation center with the push of a button
To begin using the OCTA SDT application today:
• Download the free app using the invitation hyperlink
• Create an account (Email, Name, Phone # and Password)
• Validate your account (via the confirmation email you will receive)
• Login to the app (Email & Password)
• Enter your pickup address
• Enter your destination address (this allows us to provide a fare amount)
• Book your trip
When booking a reservation, you will immediately receive a confirmation number, along with an update when your vehicle has been assigned. From here you can monitor the progress of your vehicle as it moves towards your pickup location.
The SDT application retains a history of your previous reservations (up to 30 days) for expense management and to quickly rebook the same trip with the push of a button. You may also create a list of favorite locations (Home, Work, etc.) to speed the booking process.
At OCTA your comfort and safety are our top priorities! Let us know how we can serve you better by providing feedback via the SDT application or by calling (714) 636-7433, extension 2, weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Not accessible for blind or visually impaired users current version iOS voiceover
Unfortunately the current version of the Same Day Taxi app is not accessible when inputting your pick up address, and even drop off address. This is why this app is only getting one stars. Hopefully you guys will fix this, but just be aware that with the screen reader voiceover is not accessible when inputting pick up and drop off addresses. It just keeps on announcing empty list empty list! Also, your maps are incredibly out of date. It’s still things that there is a Shakey‘s Pizza which has been closed now for nearly 3 years in my area.
I like the service but app is not very accurate! For example when a trip is only suppose to be 5.2 miles it calculates charges for 6 miles instead of the 5.2 miles that it really is. Just the other day I was trying to request a Sameday taxi through the app for a 8.6 mile trip and it calculated the miles at 10 miles and charges at $17 but when I called to request ride it charged me $11? Pretty sure App needs to be updated!!
Problem The Application
Well when I use the application for the first time looks like everything is fine, but it doesn’t work on a few times it shows that I’m still in side the taxi when the Taxi already leaves me at my destination. it doesn’t give me updated for the taxi. It’s a great application, but it needs a lot of fixing.
- Orange County Transportation Authority
- 103.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Orange County Transportation Authority
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.