Through Ochsner Connected Anywhere, you and your family members can have video appointments with a medical provider or therapy provider via your smartphone, tablet or computer for your primary or urgent care needs. With this simple-to-use, cutting-edge technology, you can see a provider face to face without ever leaving home or work, 24/7, 365 days a year.
How Ochsner Connected Anywhere Works:
This service allows you to establish an instant connection to a healthcare provider with your smartphone, tablet or personal computer. It’s easy as:
1. Downloading and signing up
2. Selecting a provider and talking to a medical professional face to face
3. Enjoy free prescription delivery to your home or office
Your provider will listen to your concerns, ask you questions and give you a diagnosis and treatment plan. The whole process typically takes ten minutes or less.
The benefits of Virtual Visits include:
· Convenient access to your choice of medical providers
· Short wait times for urgent care visits (less than 10 minutes on average)
· Low cost – just $10 a visit for an urgent care virtual visit (pricing subject to change)
· $85-$100 for a therapy virtual visit (cancellation fee / no show policy charge if not canceled within 48 hours).
· No travel needed when you’re not feeling well
· The peace of mind that comes with knowing you’re getting the right care for you and your family
· The service is easy, private and secure
· Ochsner Connected Anywhere providers will be able to access your electronic medical records, allowing for the high quality of care should you need it
Ochsner Connected Anywhere is ideal when…
· You have a common condition or a minor aliment that doesn’t warrant a trip to Urgent Care or the ER
· You or a family member has a disability that makes getting to an office visit more daunting than the illness itself
· You simply don’t have enough time to go to the doctor
· You don’t have transportation
· There are limited healthcare providers in your area
· You’re traveling and forgot a prescription or need a doctor now
· The weather would make going to the doctor unpleasant or even dangerous
Enhance your visit with a Health Kit.
A Health Kit allows you to take your vitals right from home and send them to your virtual visit provider. Although this enhances your visit by giving your provider a clearer picture of what’s going on, you’re not required to have one to start a virtual visit.
If you use Apple Health, you can choose to share your health information with the doctor during your video visit, such as heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, blood glucose levels, weight, nutritional information, and respiratory rate.
We continue to improve the patient experience with these new features:
• Performance enhancements to increase reliability and speed
Ratings and Reviews
What a Great, Easy, Convenient Experience!
Finally, an easy solution! I love Telehealth medical appointments! When you are sick, the last thing you normally want to do is leave the comfort of your home, risking infecting others, AND w CoVid19 lingering around... you certainly don’t want to risk becoming infected w that too when your immune system is weak and already compromised. So the Telehealth option is phenomenal in my book! This app was incredibly expedient and I was ready to see a physician so quickly that I wasn’t even prepared or ready yet! I had to quickly throw on my shirt so as to be camera ready and appropriate... that was just how fast making my appointment, submitting insurance and pmt details was on this platform! I’d recommend this to everyone!
Urgent care had me waiting over two hours, oschner app saw me in 10 mins!
I have to say that having never used this before my confidence was waning when I was kept waiting for 2 hours and 45 mins. I understand and am very patient as far as waiting goes, however when I was told the waiting period was only to be 15 mins and here I was waiting hours later for a video response that never came, well I hopped onto oschner anywhere instead. And whilst *still* on hold to urgent care, Dr. Felicia Ward took care of me and was very kind in her handling of my situation and had some good suggestions for me as well. Absolutely will be using this again. Thank you, I’m so grateful!
I’ve done the online visits for the children quite a few times and each time has been fast, convenient, and excellent! I’ve only had 1 who would not give my child antibiotics when he really needed it, so I took him to an urgent care who said he was in desperate need and decided to dispute his diagnosis through the insurance. But other than that, everything has been fine and easy going! It saved me quite a few visits with hours wait at an office and handling a bunch of children at once not needing to be seen. Exposure of other illnesses or spreading anything eliminated with just a quick phone call!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ochsner Health System
- 82.4 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- ©2018 American Well. All Rights Reserved.