OCR stands for Optical Character Recognition which is a technology to convert image to text. This apps takes an image and converts it into digitized text which can then be shared to other applications such as Email and SMS, or simply copy paste the text to anywhere you like.
Short video demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgHQ1LrYtP0
= Important Notes =
* Garbage in, garbage out - make sure text is sharp and large enough for recognition.
* Handwritten text will not work.
* Text on top of unclean background (images or borders/lines in excel sheet) will not work.
* OCR results for Arabic, Hindi, Chinese, Japanese and Korean are not ideal.
= Features =
* Offline OCR engine - doesn't require sending data to servers for processing
* Simplicity - Very simple to use
* Image can be cropped to focus on specific text area
* Digitized text can be copied to clipboard, or shared with other apps directly
* Huge language support
= Supports more than 60 languages =
Afrikaans, Albanian, Ancient Greek, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Bangla/Bengali, Basque, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cherokee, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Frankish, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Middle English, Middle French, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Latin), Slovakian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Another attempt to fix the crash issue found on iOS 9 and above devices
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Easy to use,do what it said! I'll continue to use it and see if I'll purchase the other features
I like it
- Chun Yeen Mok
- 39 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2016 TheSimplest.Net
- In-App Purchases
- Advanced OCR Modes $4.99
- Remove Ads $1.99
- Smart Paragraph Detection $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.