The LEADTOOLS OCR Scanner performs advanced OCR (Optical Character Recognition) on images, extracts text from images, and converts images to various document formats with superior accuracy and speed.
• OCR, extract, copy & paste the text from an image taken with your phone's camera or photo gallery for editing and sharing.
• Convert and export images to a variety of document formats, including: PDF, DOCX, Text, SVG, and many more.
• Build and recognize multi-page documents
• Multi-language support - OCR images in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian and more with support for over 45 different languages (text to speech playback available for most languages as well).
• Select portion of image to export to raw text with two select area modes: Selection Rectangle or Touch & Drag
• Copy image from the viewer
• Text-to-Speech "Speak" option for phone playback of extracted text
• Numerous options for optimizing text recognition including Invert, Rotate, and 3D Deskew
• Use the Intelligent Select Area option that allows you to select an area of an image that has both text and graphics and intelligently extract the text.
Developer NOTE: This is one of the applications that is provided with source code in LEADTOOLS, the award-winning SDK for programmers. Powered by patented machine learning algorithms, this application is built using the LEADTOOLS OCR engine. This app is intended to show developers some of the many capabilities that they can integrate into their own applications using LEADTOOLS. For more information or to download a free evaluation SDK of our full toolkit, including the source code for this app, visit: https://www.leadtools.com/sdk/ocr
We love your feedback! Please feel free to share it with us anytime at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Upgraded to use LEADTOOLS Version 21
Speed and accuracy optimizations
Ratings and Reviews
Pretty good so far
It does what I need it to. It converts words on paper to digital format. By that I mean I can send the scans I take on the app to my iCloud, and then I can copy and paste the words onto another document on my computer. That is what I tried to do for a long time on the “Notes” app for iPhone, but it doesn’t work. “Notes” app says it can scan, but it really just takes a picture of the words. When I scan, I need to be able to copy and paste the actual WORDS of the paper, not just a picture of the paper. I like this app because it gives me the words in digital. It is not perfect, however, sometimes it s e p a r a t e s e a c h w o r d l i k e t h i s a n d i t i s a n n o y i n g t o h a v e t o f i x. It also does not get punctuation correct all the time but other than that it is pretty good. I bet it will improve in the future. I think it could improve in one way by being more intelligent. It could “find” words in text that it thinks is separated (see above) and connect the letters. It could also work on p-utting words together that have been sepa-rated by the column of the page, as demo-nstrated here. (My book has lots of these) I am very grateful that it is a free app, however, so I can not really complain much. Thank you for making this app.
Great, simple, confusing
LEAD did something great with this app. It's super simple, not over bloated, and does what it says it does...
So far 2 out of 3 things scanned and OCR'ed to text perfectly. The third item is rotated by 180 degrees each time I try to OCR it leading to the wrong interpretation (for some reason it thinks the text is upside down. This is a Walmart receipt to be more specific)
I've tried manually rotating it but it seems to agree that upside down is the right side up to OCR...
Also, if we have the option to have multiple pages, is it possible to be able to add multiple images in one go instead of one at a time?
I don't know how hard that is to do, so I wouldn't knock them on that.
Thank you for the great app!
First app I've seen with a Royal Straight flush in spades
Really, up till now I have always found those who were having a bad day, and those who wanted free or low cost apps to read their minds, pick their clothes, and then get ticked off by the app when it did what it said what it was going to do. When I saw the graph with no lower outliers, or for that matter no midrange likes wow! I was honestly shocked. I hit the the 5⭐️ button before, I took my look at the stats. I assure you, that this one is my first 5! I sorta believe that people who give out 1s, or 5s, just hit my tech background as outliers. So I usually try to get the true skinny from the mid opinions. and many of those work out fairly well. I read the lower than 5s, then make decisions.
Took all of that to say that I'm truly bowled over. This one leaves the term 'user friendly', back at the starting block! Software that is intuitive is another understatement.
Well Done Ladies and Gentlemen! So when the giant asteroid has a bead on us, guess who I will be asking for.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- LEAD Technologies, Inc.
- 122.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 LEAD Technologies, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.